MAC PEOPLE if you can't help me, stop telling everyoen Macs are better!

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
My roommate's iMac suddenly developed two problems while she was away on vacation; a computer-illiterate roommate used it twice over that period, so no one's sure if he's to blame or not.

Whenever the computer is turned on now, it immediately tries to "Connect" to something called "iDisk" as user "mac4brains" and asks for a password. We just hit cancel and the computer starts up normally. How do we get that message to stop coming up? there doesn't seem to be an iDisk program on her computer.

Secondly, we can no longer open Internet Explorer. it starts to open, then gives us an error of type 2. I think this is a memory problem, but she has over 300 MB of RAM and doesn't have anything else running. I turned on virtual memory and increased the memory allotted to the program with Get Info (from 4000 k to 8000 k) and the problem remains.

I don't know if these are connected. Any ideas?

Actually, I'd have a Mac too if it weren't for Microsoft and it's seeming monopoly on software licenses.

I grew up on macs, man. My dad got a 6100/60 when it first came out and I started tinkering on computers with that. We got a rev.a iMac after that and then a PC (the iMac had hard drive issues if I remember correctly). I've been a PC user for the past four years and I don't know OS X at all. I wish I had a mac again.

It sounds like a possible case of user intervention by someone who "knows what they are doing."