Mac Quits Threshold (His Official Statement)

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Mac`s Statement
Sorry it took so long to give this stament. But, I`m also sorry it took me so long to realise I had to get on with the rest of my life and eventually make a decent living. I know the timing was bad and I`m very grateful to Damian for standing in for me. Unfortunately it`s absolutely impossible to live on fresh air alone. Next time you listen to a Threshold album picture my girlfriend having to work overtime to make it possible for me to go on tour, not to mention all the jobs I chose to give up to continue with Threshold. Once again, the timing was bad.... I was up all Friday night (13.07.2007) considering this and decided it was time to support my family 100%. For all the Fans out there take what you have and enjoy it (I know I was devasted when Led Zeppelin came to an end). Thanks for all your support, all the best for Threshold and Threshold Fans for the future, Cheers Mac

Hmm, he's a great vocalist, its sad that the band couldn't support him and his family. I wish him luck. Glen, is he a prick IRL? I have the threshold DVD, and on the commentary, he really comes off as a D-Bag, in fact, it turned me off the band until the new disc came out, and even then, im still biased against him, though I'm just going by how DVD commentary of his struck me at the time, which at this point is probably a year plus.

So does this mean Damian for Prog Power?

Glen, is he a prick IRL?

Mac was always gracious with me. He was also very easy to deal with regarding the all-star jam this year (which he had two songs scheduled to perform). My interaction with him was limited at PP III, but he did have a very dry sense of humor that could have easily been misinterpreted for cockiness.

I can't imagine a promoter of a festival is going to ever say anything bad about a member of a band who is playing said festival, past or present.

On topic: It's really a shame that the music dream just doesn't pan out when you have a family. I guess in order to make things work, you need to have a job that you can support a family with before you can actually have one.

bummer for the Mac fans out there... myself, I'm not much of a Threshold fan, but I liked them best with Damian, and I hope he's singing with them in October.

Mac is a great singer, it is sad to see him leave Threshold. That said, I too am in the Damian camp. I hope that he will be at ProgPower because he is nothing short of amazing. I would've watched Threshold with any of their vocalists though, as they have some really great stuff. I am interested to see what they will do for PP.

Maybe if Damian does come, he can do a "cover" of a Star One song in the All-Star Jam? Might be the closest thing we get to Ayreon. =( Feel free to nip this one now Glenn.

Intergalactic Space Crusaders!

Justin

I had a bad feeling with the original statement from Rich that Mac said he had to "get on with [his] life" that this was perhaps a permanent thing. Even as big a Damian fan as I am, there's a part of me that would have liked to see Threshold with Mac, since I didn't get to at PPIII (PP VI was my first...).

Time shall tell how this will affect our fest. There are still a few months for a game plan to arise.

It would seem rather difficult for a band, who has current touring obligations, to find a new vocalist within the next two and a half months.

If Damian Wilson is learning the new material, it makes all the logical sense in the world to have him complete all the upcoming dates.

Upon the completion of this tour the band can begin to worry about finding a permanent replacement.

Just my thoughts.

I have been a big threshold fan from the start when it was hard to find the bands discs. I have enjoyed every cd and they have always had very good singers. I am looking forward to the future of Thresholds music and to seeing them live again. Who ever is fronting the band i know it will be a good show

This is one of the first times wherein I am ecstatic about a singer leaving especially when the potential for the replacement is my favorite vocalist in all of music other than Kiske and Khan! This will be a dream come true to finally see Damian perform live; it will be even sweeter that it can be with his former band! Just the thought of hearing Consume To Live, Paradox, etc.. being sung live by Damian sends shivers down my spine. I anxiously await the outcome. I now have even more to look forward to in October. Can't wait for an update on the shows this weekend!

This is an amazing vocalist, band! Great song writers, great performers with killer production...simply put a class act. Their albums are not cheap to make, rest assured these guys are putting most if not all of what they're making these days from their record company advances.

And with so many paying gigs/ shows available for such music (choke, laugh ) is it any wonder he has to get a real job?

Folks I just want you to know that the rest of this band, and all the other bands you love with the exception of very few are all in the same boat as far as making a living at this, this is a passion that we all do for the love of the music and the grace of the fans.

I'm very fortuntate that Nightmare Records allows me to make a living at just doing music every day.
Thank you all for your support of this genre of music and for buying Nightmare music so I and other bands can continue the dream ; ) :headbang:

Maybe if Damian does come, he can do a "cover" of a Star One song in the All-Star Jam? Might be the closest thing we get to Ayreon. =( Feel free to nip this one now Glenn.

Intergalactic Space Crusaders!

Justin
I'm just glad Glenn is going to stipulate they play "Eat the Unicorn" if Damian sings with them at PPUSA, RIGHT Glenn....?!?! :)
That's two AWESOME ideas! I gotta hear Damien (if he will be available to sing for Threshold @ PPVIII) sing "Eat The Unicorn"! Another must is to hear him sing some Ayreon at the All Star Jam! Perhaps "Into The Black Hole"! If Damien can play at PPVIII that will just make it even more AWESOME this year!!!

Although, it is a shame that Mac won't be able to perform at PP and that he has to quit the band to support his family. I really do wish him all the best and that when possible, he could get back to pursuing his music career, when he can afford it, w/o burdening his girl friend.

I understand his reasoning to some extent. The timing still sucks. Did he just realize how much money he was making with Threshold?? I think he could have come to this conclusion a long long time before any of these appearances. It is a crappy thing to do to the rest of the band. And his Led Zep analogy doesn't hold water. They broke up because one of the members died, not because someone left the band. So I do gather from this statement that he is not coming back. I would also guess that D. Wilson would finish out this tour and then they would decide which direction they want to go in.

Yes I agree, the timing SUCKS. You think he could have given them a little more notice. But I really liked him as a singer and he will be missed.

I just wonder who will be fronting Threshold at ProgPower...