Mac Quits Threshold (His Official Statement)

Did he just realize how much money he was making with Threshold?? I think he could have come to this conclusion a long long time before any of these appearances. It is a crappy thing to do to the rest of the band.

Maybe he just got an eviction notice. Maybe it's a crappy thing to do to the rest of the band, but the guy's gotta do what he thinks is right. That's kinda what heavy metal's all about, isn't it? Do what you think is right even if nobody else agrees.

It kinda sucks. I sure hope they don't have to cancel PP because of this. It would be cool to see Damien sing with them, but who knows if Damien is available?

Good luck to the band and to Mac.

This sucks for the band and Mac fans. Fortunately I was only a mildly interested of the former and not a fan of the latter. If DW rejoins the band, then I'll scoot my way to the front for their PP performance. :p

This sucks. I was really looking forward to see them. IF they can get Damien for a replacement that would be fantastic but I'm not holding my breath. I just hope they don't have to cancel.

Damn. It sucks when someone quits not because of "musical disagreements", but because they can't make a living in the band. Forget the whole downloading debate. THIS is why we buy the albums of the bands we love. Barlow came back. Mac may too. Still, this sucks. It's too soon to tell if we'll get Threshold with a different singer or a replacement band.

Glenn, can you now tell us the songs Mac had lined up for the All Star Jam? I doubt the replacement singer will be doing the same songs.

Steve in Philly

I understand Mac's dilemma completely, although I wish he'd given notice. Hopefully the band can talk him into fulfilling commitments the band has already made.

Unfortunately, only a few of the bands in our genre can afford to live off the music alone. It's surprising this sort of thing doesn't happen more often.

That's why I'd love our favorite bands to hit the mainstream. They've been working hard for us for over ten years in many cases. They deserve that house in Beverly Hills. Well, not all of them in one house, but you know what I mean.:)

Maybe he just got an eviction notice. Maybe it's a crappy thing to do to the rest of the band, but the guy's gotta do what he thinks is right. That's kinda what heavy metal's all about, isn't it? Do what you think is right even if nobody else agrees.

It kinda sucks. I sure hope they don't have to cancel PP because of this. It would be cool to see Damien sing with them, but who knows if Damien is available?

Good luck to the band and to Mac.

Agreed on all points. I think a lot of fans seriously overestimate the amount of money most of these guys make from music. Not everyone is lucky enough to have a "real" job that pays the bills *and* lets them take time off for tours.

I can't say I'm that surprised. For all we know, he got a "take this time off, and we fire you" ultimatum from his job. Everyone can't be a Lindsay Buckingham with a Stevie Nicks to support him... and even those that do, it's gotta get old after a while.

I'm disappointed, but will cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Shaye

Here's the story on GALLOGLASS.

After various negotiations and sessions with renowned singers of the German and international metal scene, German power metallers GALLOGLASS have found a new frontman in Andrew "Mac" McDermott (THRESHOLD). Apart from his (very suitable) Scottish name, Mac does not only involve his well-known brilliant voice, but he also enriches the band with his long time experience. After Shaker Elmosa (formerly of TARAXACUM) filled the vacant bass slot earlier in the year, GALLOGLASS are now a ready to start working on their third album.

GALLOGLASS' second full-length CD, "Heavenseeker", was issued in 2005.

Here's the story on GALLOGLASS.

After various negotiations and sessions with renowned singers of the German and international metal scene, German power metallers GALLOGLASS have found a new frontman in Andrew "Mac" McDermott (THRESHOLD). Apart from his (very suitable) Scottish name, Mac does not only involve his well-known brilliant voice, but he also enriches the band with his long time experience. After Shaker Elmosa (formerly of TARAXACUM) filled the vacant bass slot earlier in the year, GALLOGLASS are now a ready to start working on their third album.

GALLOGLASS' second full-length CD, "Heavenseeker", was issued in 2005.

What?!?! :OMG:

Well color me very surprised. I never though Id see someone like Mac with them. I would have verified this before posting the first time around, but for WHATEVER reason.... the galloglass.de site just doesnt allow me to do anything. Damn dialup.... must be some multimedia thing.

Well color me very surprised. I never though Id see someone like Mac with them. I would have verified this before posting the first time around, but for WHATEVER reason.... the galloglass.de site just doesnt allow me to do anything. Damn dialup.... must be some multimedia thing.

It's not just you. I can't do anything either.

Look;

The reality is that people need to eat. Maybe if Threshold was not England's answer to Into Eternity, they could make a few dollars. The problem is that you need to have some stability in order to succeed. Threshold, with all their lineup changes, has never been stable, despite making fine music. Who, outside of our circle, will take a band seriously with umpteen lineup changes?

Peace,
Ray C.