Mac Quits Threshold (His Official Statement)

I understand the need to eat. He still could have told them a bit earlier, so they could have planned for it. He does not have my sympathy for the way he did it.

Threshold is arguably one of the few prog bands in the history of prog metal who CONSISTENTLY released godly albums despite all kinds of lineup changes. Never once have I heard them criticised for changing singers or whatever.

Mac joined Galloglass? That's very odd. I never took him for a power metal guy.

Of course, if Galloglass doesn't tour, he probably doesn't have to quit that band.

Damn! Well that just sucks! I mean I can't fault Mac for having to make what was probably one of the toughest decisions of his life, but this is still really disappointing.

I'm sure whoever the Threshold guys decide will be their replacement singer for ProgPower (and for permanent), whether it's Damien or not, I'm sure they will be great. I'm just worried that now they don't have Mac singing that they won't do as much from the new album, which I love and would consider one of my favorite albums thus far this year. I was really hoping to hear them do a lot off of Dead Reckoning, but with the possibility of bringing back a former singer, I have a feeling that they will do a lot more of the material from that era. Not that that's a bad thing - I just wanted to hear more of the new album. :erk: I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I was a bit surprised by the Galloglass news as well. I didn't realize he had joined that band. Mac doesn't sing on the first two albums BTW. I wonder when they are going to fix their website. It just shows the name of the band surrounded by flames. I take that to mean that the band isn't exactly active at the moment.

Hmm, he's a great vocalist, its sad that the band couldn't support him and his family. I wish him luck. Glen, is he a prick IRL? I have the threshold DVD, and on the commentary, he really comes off as a D-Bag, in fact, it turned me off the band until the new disc came out, and even then, im still biased against him, though I'm just going by how DVD commentary of his struck me at the time, which at this point is probably a year plus.

So does this mean Damian for Prog Power?

I was also turned off by the DVD.... He came of as quite an ass....
But you never know if that was the real guy... but I'd say the odds aren't good.:heh:
Great Great Voice though...

I was also turned off by the DVD.... He came of as quite an ass....
But you never know if that was the real guy... but I'd say the odds aren't good.:heh:
Great Great Voice though...

Yup, and his real jerk move of leaving his bandmates hanging has solidified his position as "ass" for me. I do not care how good he sings, he has lost major respect from me (like he cares.... :lol:).