Machinehead shows cancelled

sufferer

Feb 18, 2002
St. Petersburg, FL
Damn I was going to see Machinehead Monday at the HOB Orlando (at downtown Disney) but apparently Disney banned them from playing due to their "violent imagery and lyrics", they got banned at Disneyland in Anaheim 2 days before the show and now here 6 days before the show. This is bull, I've seen Anthrax, Slayer, and many more here, I guess now they have a problem with metal. Cradle of Filth was here not too long ago, that was OK. But Machinehead? Their promoter moved the show to a club here in downtown Orlando at the last minute but it holds a fraction of the capacity, they say all tickets will be honored. No way, it doesn't hold that many people, not even close. I'm screwed. I guess I've seen my last metal show at the HOB. Fuck Disney. And you know what's sick? 50 Cent or any ganster rap shit will always be welcome at Disney, unbelievable. Metal is hated folks, let's love it more.

In a not-so-stunning move, The Walt Disney Company have once again pressured promoter Live Nation into canceling Machine Head's performance at a House of Blues venue on Disney property, this time in Orlando, a mere four days after the band's previous announcement called out the corporation for their underhanded tactics regarding the cancellation of Friday's House of Blues Anaheim show on 2 days notice.

While no one is willing to provide evidence that would prove unfavorable to Disney, sources close to events have suggested that once again, vague threats of liability, and now threats on job security may have been levied, successfully resulting in the show being moved off of Disney property.

As a result, the September 17th show has now been relocated to Club Firestone in Orlando, FL (located at 578 N. Orange Ave). All existing tickets will be redeemable for entry at Club Firestone, all Will Call pickups will now be available for pickup at the new venue, and all refund requests will be honored.

As they are not on Disney property and therefore not subject to the corporation's alleged coercionary tactics, the Dallas, New Orleans, Cleveland and Chicago House of Blues shows will go on as scheduled.

On behalf of all four bands on the bill, Machine Head wish to again extend their gratitude to Live Nation and the House of Blues for their poise and tolerance during these absurd developments.

[from MachineHead1.com]

I guess I better get there early, because people will be turned away. Firestone is small, VERY small. If I get in though, what a better place to see them, right in my face. The HOB holds about 1,000--the Firestone a few hundred if that. It could turn out great, I'll post what happens. Machinehead's new album rulz, I can't miss this.