Mackie Digital 8 Bus

Sup?

From the Database...
Check Sum Error

This error is memory related. Usually, this error occurs when the physical RAM memory (.pdf, 64 KB) is different from the BIOS/CMOS last know state. It is likely that the physical memory has been modified (upgraded) and when the CPU is booted, the BIOS is expecting the previous RAM value but does not see it. Rebooting will usually fix the problem, but sometimes it is necessary to enter the mother board BIOS and set the CMOS to scan the RAM upon boot. Once the RAM has scanned (counted) you can go back and disable this option. All righty then.

MOSHON
DAVE

Sup?

You have a pretty stock board,
They were issued with
1 Mackie clock card
1 MFX Card
and the AES/EBU/SPDIF card

You have the stock clock, 1 AES/EBU/SPDIF,, 1 MFX and 1 UFX + 3 DIo I/O cards for 24 track in and out on Lightpipe and/or TDIF

Probably OS 3...... I would guess Would be a great bonus if it was 5.1 as IIRC 3.0 didn't have the HUI layer

MOSHON
DAVE

It'd be awesome if it came with 5.1 but its most likely 3 like you said or even worse, 2. Ill report back once I get the adapter and all that fun stuff. Thanks again for the help dude

Sup?

You can get the 5.1 images off torrents.

^ ...good luck with that BS....it wouldn't do you no good:Smug:

You can download 5.1 strait from Mackie,,, the thing is,, for 5.1, or any Plugin that you can load into the board,, the license is directly tied to the ESN of each individual brain board and is not transferable from board to board, unless you take the mixer apart and pull out the the board and swap it into another mixer.

Hell, I could give him all the serials to my 5.1 and FX and he couldn't use them if he wanted to.

MOSHON
DAVE

That did just bring up a question though, when/if that guy releases the new coding for the boards to work without the cpu, what OS am i gonna need to be running to be able to use it?

Sup?

That did just bring up a question though, when/if that guy releases the new coding for the boards to work without the cpu, what OS am i gonna need to be running to be able to use it?

NONE,,and that is the beauty of the whole thing :kickass: The only thing the CPU will be used for is to supply power to the mixer itself. There will be a cable that runs from the DAW to the DATA port on the back of the mixer. They are coding a .DLL that will load into your daw like any other control surface,,and to the DAW the mixer will look and act like 3 MCU units hooked together. it will NOT pass audio.

Mark's First and main goal is to get the board to control the DAW without the use of the CPU and Mackie OS. after that is accomplished he said he would look into how to possibly get some monitoring functions like the 2 trk or something implemented.

If he can get it functioning a full on Control surface I could care less if it passed audio. I rarely monitor back through the board anyway unless I am routing something from the DAW to a piece of outboard gear. I Run strait out of my RME HDSP 96/52 into my JBL's

I can always track with the mackie OS and then just swap the cables (or build a switch box) to control the DAW and mix.:headbang:

What is with this "Sup?" thing on every post by Moshwitz??

That thing would be kick ass as a control unit - I would totally set it up via MIDI if at all possible, or hound that guy for the 3xMCU unit thing!

I got the keyboard adapter yesterday and now everything boots up fine. The problem now is I cant get it to record. I arm the track, try and arm the main transport, and nothing happens. The track can be armed perfectly fine but the transport record button wont work (both on the board and on screen). I checked that new D8B forum and couldn't find anyone else with this problem. I have a feeling its a small stupid thing i'm missing but have no idea what it is.

What is with this "Sup?" thing on every post by Moshwitz??

whatS UP?;)

I got the keyboard adapter yesterday and now everything boots up fine.
Cool,,,what vers of the Mackie OS did it wind up having?

and seeing how someone bought and installed a UFX card,,what plugins are installed?

The problem now is I cant get it to record.
Nope :lol:

I arm the track, try and arm the main transport, and nothing happens. The track can be armed perfectly fine but the transport record button wont work (both on the board and on screen). I checked that new D8B forum and couldn't find anyone else with this problem. I have a feeling its a small stupid thing i'm missing but have no idea what it is.

That little thing would be,,,It's not a standalone multitrack recorder, it's an automated digital mixer. The reason you can arm tracks but the Record button on the transport won't do anything is the mixer isn't communicating with anything like a DAW or hard disk recorder such as the Mackie HDR,,MDR,,or SDR, 24 track recorders etc.

There is nothing to swap time code with and tell to start, stop, record, or arm a track for recording.

I used to own an MDR when I first built this room,,you can see it in the right rack of the console in the pic

studiostuffff034.jpg

the 24 channels hooked up to the D8b via Opt8 lightpipe, and the D8b controlled it via MIDI. If i hit the ARM, select, mute, solo etc.... track button on the D8b the corresponding track on the MDR would do its thing.

You can control some software also like Cubase, via midi,, there are some midi maps somewhere someone was using once....that is of course you are just gonna use the HUI mode then you just load the control surface Dll. in your sequencer and off you go.

MOSHON
DAVE

finally got it running and able to record, the software is 2.03 i think or something like that, not 3 like i had thought it was. But god damn now I want that guy to finish the program to use this a control surface. SO bad

Sup? :)

Well,, you can always buy 5.1,, its on sale at mackie for $174http://my.mackie.com/store2/p.asp?p=d8bos

It is very much worth it and you will be able to do waaaaay more with your board than currently allowed at your software vers. routing, HUI, linking, etc. and is a very small price to pay considering what you gave for the board:cool::lol:

and It will make life with the D8B much more enjoyable.

MOSHON
DAVE

I'm def buying 5.1, funds are low at the moment though i'm waitin on a few paychecks to come. Once they get here 5.1 is my next purchase.

Hey guys,

Sorry for reviving an old thread but I just thought you might like to know that the software is now ready and operational. You can convert your D8B into a full-fledged, 24 faders DAW controller. For those who don't know, we just opened up a brand new web site with all the info you guys might need. It's right here: http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge

Let me know what you guys think! ROCK ON!

Marc Girard
www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge

Im bringin this one back from the dead again, I've been so busy lately that I have had zero time to really sit on the boards and I'm just seeing Marcs post now. Im gonna check out the software. SOOOOO stoked for this one. Big thanks dude.