Made a new song with sneap kick..

Mendel, some screens of the tom tracks? Great stuff btw, you never cease to impress me. I have your 30 minute song on my playlist, great work. Keep it up!

~006

Mendel... not your strongest work, and not one of my faves from you but I still claim that you are the resident DFHS master.

Guitars are not as good as I'm used to from you. You GOTTA get that cracking/sizzling/popping/soundcard issue taken care of.

Buy an E-MU 1212M. They are $160 new now from jrraudio.com. That is a ridiculous deal. Plus they come with Cubase LE so you can nack your bogus copy of Cubase SX3 with the H2O dongle emu that eats up mem!! =-)

thx ether and 006. allot of people said the same thing: it's cool, ut this isnt your best work, while i was really positive about it but it could be just me.

and a E-MU 1212M ? can you connect multimedia speakers to it ? ( i have those creative 5.1 speakers )

thx for the info.

It for sure wasn't bad in anyway..better then most of us can or do..(like I said earlier great stuff!)
I'm not a guitar player...I'm still learning so still working hard on those skills..
But Morphine PWND! this one..serious Morphine was/is the snizzless...it occasionally still plays 1 or 2 times a day in my Itunes playlist at work..:headbang:

Dude, I love your stuff, it's just that Morphine and your 30 minute metal massacre are top plays on my list :) The thing is, with Morphine, I love the entire thing, except the snare gets lost quite often during that song. In this new mix you have, the snare is much better in the mix. Maybe re-mix Morphine with the new snare :) :) :)

Also - where are the screens ! ? ! ? ! ? ! ? ! ? :p

~006

Hi mendel
with Drumagog do you use a single sneap sample for replace the kick or do you use different samples with different velocity? (andy's kick sample was a series of various samples)

::XeS:: said:
Hi mendel
with Drumagog do you use a single sneap sample for replace the kick or do you use different samples with different velocity? (andy's kick sample was a series of various samples)

From the Drumagog site you are able to download GOG files from Andy's samples. Load them in Drumagog you have randomly sampled kick or snare or toms whatever you want to need..so it makes it sound more natural!

Nice one the mendelmeastro!!

Just a had another peek at your list of songs.. damn! it keeps growing, and keeps getting better and better..

I really like the kick sound..

The crackling could be, as stated before here, the low end of the bass.. or guitars competing with different instruments if they have about the same EQ frequency.. that can happen as well..

good job!

Black neon bob said:
Nice one the mendelmeastro!!

Just a had another peek at your list of songs.. damn! it keeps growing, and keeps getting better and better..

I really like the kick sound..

The crackling could be, as stated before here, the low end of the bass.. or guitars competing with different instruments if they have about the same EQ frequency.. that can happen as well..

good job!
thx !! it is btw the bass. cause when i play thoe parts without the bass you don't hear the crack.

the music is nice real nice :), ur right dude the bass needs definition and the guitars r too "trebly" i dunno if u really like it that way but definatly the track needs enough bass to back the guitars and i somehow feel that the guitars need a little low end, how about raising the mids of the bass a little and how about trying to decrease the level in the bass drum as itsa bit too foreground in my opinion but it sounds amazing really :)

cheers

thx dude.
yeah it's difficult. i could remove some bass so the guitars wont crack that uch when the bass rings out. but then i i do that, the mix won;t hve like enough ass to cover up other stuff.

Mendel said:
but then i i do that, the mix won;t hve like enough ass to cover up other stuff.

You can edit all you want mister... but that sentence is now officially gone gold and it's going nowhere! :p

i faced the same problem recently when i was recording for my thrash metal band, but anyways im no pro myself....i simply learnt the whole thing recently with the most primitive equipment u can think of, i got whut u mean with the ass expression :D i didnt have enough ass myself hehe, try decreasing the treble of the guitars and raising the mids with the EQ on the guitars track, as for the bass how about decreasing the bass end and raising the mids of the bass, and one more question do u use any mastering techniques? if not haw about trying out a plug-in called ozone for mastering it sure will help remove all those crack issues and will get u alot of ass literally haha

cheers