Made of Metal EZX price reduced

I grabbed MOM and Metal Machinery last weekend, and I'm pretty happy. As others have suggested, the best-sounding kit seems to be MOM's cymbals with Metal Machine's drums.

how are the MOM cymbals compared to the Metal Machine's cymbals?

IMO, MOM feels a little more real, less harsh in the 2-6kHz area. The ride in particular has a lot more of that '80s "TANK TANK TANK" going on compared to Metal Machine's wimpy "ting ting ting".

They do sound good, damn all these choices! Would love to get a lot of of MIDI, but I think I'm leaning towards getting Metal Machine, not sure my wallet can take the beating of buying three expansions..

I grabbed MOM and Metal Machinery last weekend, and I'm pretty happy. As others have suggested, the best-sounding kit seems to be MOM's cymbals with Metal Machine's drums.

I agree completely. Pretty hard to beat Metal Machines drums for me, although in some of the blues-rock stuff I do the MOM kits are perfect. Cymbals are awesome for everything.

Both are well worth buying considering how little they cost.

thanks guys. The cymbals are what I like least about the Metal Machine pack.

Made of Metal is stupidly good, I really love everything about it. The snares might be a bit "samey" and the kicks probably need replacing for a proper modern metal sound, but that room is fucking spectacular and the toms are tuned PERFECTLY and come with tom-rimshot samples. Really stoked for when they release the SDX version of it!

Made of Metal is fantastic. I'm working on two albums this year where the drums have been sequenced for it, and it's been spectacular to work with. The snares might need a bit of blending with more aggressive/pre-processed samples, and the kicks I can live without, but otherwise it's all great.

The snares might need a bit of blending with more aggressive/pre-processed samples, and the kicks I can live without, but otherwise it's all great.

When you say this, are you speaking strictly about them fitting into a metal genre? Or just overall?

The reason I ask is because I'm actually interested in getting MOM to use with non-metal genres. Particularly hard rock, alternative rock and post-grunge.

When you say this, are you speaking strictly about them fitting into a metal genre? Or just overall?

The reason I ask is because I'm actually interested in getting MOM to use with non-metal genres. Particularly hard rock, alternative rock and post-grunge.

That's what I'm looking for as well, was thinking of Rock Solid EZX, but I don't know..

I made the mistake of buying Rock Solid. In my opinion, it's terrible. The drums are too big and obtrusive.

Ah, to me it sounds like the pack has nice snares.. :/
At least for some of the alternative sound I'm after..
I've got a shit ton of samples though..
I'm considering Rock Solid and maybe the Indie Folk EZX, it's got a "rawer" sound to it..

Ah, to me it sounds like the pack has nice snares.. :/
At least for some of the alternative sound I'm after..
I've got a shit ton of samples though..
I'm considering Rock Solid and maybe the Indie Folk EZX, it's got a "rawer" sound to it..

If you don't have the Nashville EZX, then I would highly recommend it. Some of the best sounding snares and drums in any EZX.

If you don't have the Nashville EZX, then I would highly recommend it. Some of the best sounding snares and drums in any EZX.

Sounds nice!
It's on sale as well, though I might go for the "too big" Rock Solid..
Right now I have:
Drumkit From Hell EZX
Made of Metal EZX
Metal Machine EZX
Metalheads EZX
Pop/Rock EZX

Other than that I've got a few bundles from the forum members and SSD3.5 with all the expansions, and misc samples..
Trying to find a good base for each sound/genre.