Metal Foundry vs. Metal Machine EZX

MF Cymbals are great. I think I like them more then the MM ones, but I still don't have MM so I can't tell for sure.

If you can't get a decent sound out of the shells of MF then it's your own fault.

Toms don't work for everything, but when they do they sound really cool.
Snares are really nice too, they sound different to the Avatar ones.
Roomsounds of those snares makes some cool tones if mixed in nicely.

Metal Machine - quick way to good sound, though with the obvious risk of sounding the same as thousand others

Metal Foundry - requires shaping but also might give you something in the end that is slightly more unique

Nail.Head.

Personally I think MF is worth for the Cymbals alone. After all cymbals are usually the weak spot of programmed drums, and there's a lot of samples out there that sound nice for the shells.

But do as you want, MM is great and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't regret the purchase at all :p

I love the sound of MF's cymbals, but just as Matrix mentioned, I'm not sure if I could justify $75 or even 100 just for that lol. Afterall it's just for demos and eventually will want real drums replacing it.

If you really think so why are you even thinking about spending some more money on an expension if SD2 is more then enough for that?

If you really think so why are you even thinking about spending some more money on an expension if SD2 is more then enough for that?

Well, it wasn't until after reading the responses on this thread, the other thread, and other reviews elsewhere that I started thinking more about getting MM. More than likely even if real drums are used, shells will be replaced but cymbals I prefer real. And yes, I agree that if you can't get MF to sound good, then you're doing something wrong. I was just looking for overall opinions from those that have both programs and could let us know what they prefer and why regarding just the raw samples. I still haven't said no to MF, still trying to decide. I do agree that MF's cymbals are very tasty.

Just got MF for $69 on a Best Offer on eBay ;)

Wasn't going to get it, but at that price, I couldn't really pass it up. MM is an EZX, so the price is its regular price - I'll wait till a sale and get it cheaper later :p

Metal Machine can be had at FloridaMusicCo.com for $69 regular price with a download or box option.

I compared the 2 last night and I have to agree with some of the posters above, MM sounds amazing for everything but the cymbals don't touch the MF ones.
MF cymbals with everything else from MM, great kit.

i prefer the cymbals of metal foundry,but metal machine is cool too.
metal foundry cymbals with all the drums replaced works fine.

I've listen some great sounds from MF. Lekteri's drums are Awesome (i´m in love with his kickdrum) ... to me the wicknees on mf are the snares... x drum for an avatar one and voila!

MM sounds greats on demos... great "less options" sound