MADFEST WRAP UP

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
Asw i still have a lot of things to do today, to get back to normal i just wanted to say I will be posting a complete MADFEST wrap up later today, after i gather my thoughts and feelings into an intelligable post, so stay tuned.

By the way IT WAS FRIGGING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!:OMG:

I will write my own report sometime this afternoon after lunch. It will be posted here immediately and then within about a week or so on the Metal-Temple.com site.

Edit: apologize for the delay on the review, but I got ACCEPTED back into college today so I had to go find an apartment ASAP. Review to come tomorrow afternoon.

I'll have a longer wrap-up post later today after work (it's too late now to go into it), but Madfest was hella fun! And hella hot, and grueling....but a great time overall!

EDIT: I'll have to make that wrap-up post tomorrow or maybe over the weekend; it's too late/early now. :)

I can't wait to hear all about it... It sounds like I missed a GREAT time and I knew that was going to be the case. Congratulations to John, Tammy and everyone who put their blood, sweat and tears into making this happen.

As i promised I will try and make an attempt at my feelings over MADFEST.

First off it was the best time I have ever had in my life, stressful yes but none the less fun.

I want to send out thanks to the following people that helped pull this together.

Lance King at NIGHTMARE RECORDS, I love you brother and you were awesome. Thanks you from the bottom of my heart for all you did and for the love you showed my wife and girls, they were so impressed with you and fell in love with you, you are a true friend, and my Brother, Love you Bro.

Stuart at KILLZONE RECORDS, thanks for all the work you did, it was great meeting you.

Frankie and Bill, and Christy and the crew at FBI you guys made it a reality.

Robert and the KWTF radio crew thanks for everything. You guys did an awesome job even working in the rain

The CHAVEZ family and ROBB'S METAL WORKS you rule my friend.
Jeff Diamant from DIAMOND AMPS we will do it again my friend.
GONZO and SQUEAK thanks for all the awesome pictures.

Now for the ones that pulled it all together.

First to the stage crew BRYAN you the man, I have heard nothing but awesome remarks of your professionalism and strength, Ian a last minute replacement you rock, HOYT and PATRICK I love you guys thanks for everything.
PAUL CASHMAN, my main man i couldnt' have survived the weekend without you.
BOBBY WILLIAMSON, DREW CREEL, MIKE MARTIN, you guys laid the ground work to get this off the ground and stuck by the festival thru thick and thin.

STEVE BUNDRICH you my man are the sound guru, you my man are incrediable, they way you pulled all the sound together and in such a short time. It was a pleasure working with you, and we will do this again.

To my daughters MARY and RACHEL, I love you both dearly and you were my strength during the whole thing, thanks for all the help in everything you did.
My Wife TERRIE, you are my strength, and my partner, I LOVE YOU and you supported me like no one else, Thank you for letting me indulge in my passion.

The guys in MEVYN, and DARREN DAVIS thanks for the Backline it was awesome my friends.

And to TAMMY, it started as a dream and became a monster, but damn it was fun, and you keep me firmly on the ground, and looking ahead and backing me up on the decisions I made whether right or wrong.

To all the fans and people that showed up and helped make it a success in it's first year, you will always have a special place in my heart as you were the ones that were there for the first one.

Now i am not going to go into who i thought was the best band there as that is not my place as promoter. I will say this THEY WERE ALL AWESOME, and i wouldn't have asked them if i had'nt thought they could deliever and my friends they delievered, above and beyond.
Thanks to all the bands, ETERNITY BLACK, MEYVN, KRUCIBLE, OUTWORLD on friday night you guys were unbelieveable, you set the bar so high, and each one of you are true professionals in all sense of the word.
On Saturday DARK EMPIRE, SIXX MINUTE CENTURY, MAGISTRAL, PRYMARY, MINDFLOW, what a night from beginning to end, you guys delievered the goods, and more thank you all.

I can't end without saying a special thanks to two bands thought not a part of MADFEST were in my opinion worthy of a spot on the bill, and these two bands came to impress and did, i am talking about SCALE THE SUMMIT, and BEYOND SILENCE, thank you guys and gal, you were awesome.

Well, Will this festival happen again, you bet it will, will it be bigger, you bet it will. So stay tuned for details and stuff later, as i am going to take a few weeks off and catch up and work and spend some quality time with my family, and just flat-ass relax.

Oh One more thing, Shane thanks for opening up your home to us and the rest of the crew that was awesome, i am just sorry i wasn't physically able to make it. Your My brother, and I will never forget the kindness you showed to my family and I, I love you bro.

Any time, John.....

And I'm reallly, reallly sorry I missed Scale the Summit. When I got to the venue, everyone was raving about their set, and after hearing their CD, I can understand why. I played most of it on my Internet radio show earlier today and a listener immediately bought a copy from CDBaby. Yeah, it's that good.