Finally home.. what an adventure!! Please read!

sh0kr0k

Jul 7, 2002
St. Paul, MN
www.myspace.com
I finally made it home early this morning from Houston. I spent an extra few days to help get things in order for Mindflow to hit the road across the U.S. and it was worth it!

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, to everyone involved with Texas Madfest this year!

Hoyt and Patrick - thank you for your awesome help with promo and on the stage crew! You were beyond helpful and it was a completely pleasure to have you there!

Squeak, you are totally amazing and your help with merchandise was invaluable! Thank you for jumping in the mix to help out where needed!

Paul I have the utmost respect for you and totally appreciate your help with the shuttles. Texas Madfest could NOT have run as smoothly as it did without your willingness to endure the grueling highways for airport pickups. Seriously man... I owe you! Thanks for the laughs too!

To my favorite drunken stagehand, Ian - you totally rock, my friend! Thanks for "volunteering" - you were definitely a help!

Rick & Kayla, I am so honored to have had your help and support for this event! I wish you both all the best of luck and I hope to continue to help Kayla learn more about the music industry! You may not think it, but you two were total lifesavers! 100% awesome! Thank you so so so much!

Lance, it was an honor of the highest sort to have you perform on my stage AND to have Nightmare Records as a sponsor! You are a class act and I greatly value our friendship and business relationship! You will always have an open-invite to any event of mine! Thanks for the heart-to-heart chat, too.

Shane & Drew - immeasurable help from you both in setting up our stage and planning with the venue! I don't know what would have happened without your help! Infinite thanks to you both! Shane thank you for opening your home and providing a wonderful opportunity to gather together and to scarf some awesome BBQ!! Drew, & Meyvn, a million thanks for putting your gear on the line to make everything easier for everyone! Honestly, it was a lifesaver and tremendously awesome of you all!

Robert & the KWTF crew, you worked so hard to make one of the coolest features of Madfest possible - the live radio webcast! Holy mackerel, it was amazing to hear the quality of the stream and to listen to the interviews! I wish I had more time to hang out with you guys and to listen to the whole broadcast because you all did such a fantastic job with it! Christian, Tom, & Marc - you guys are amazing! Beth, Valkyrie, Synderela, Metal Baby, Shadoe - it was so great to meet you gals. Thanks you for coming out and showing your support!

Robb & the Metal Works crew, it was truly a privilege to have you at Texas Madfest! I am so excited to see the interviews and the live footage! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! You are so professional and friendly, I truly hope to work together again soon!

Stuart from KZR, you were very professional and a delight to meet! Thank you for supporting the fest and for helping to spread the word of amazing bands like Meyvn! Thank you for taking a look at the Madfest bands for future considerations! ;)

UltimateMetal.com for the AWESOME forum! You wouldn't believe how much planning behind the scenes happened through PMs and hidden threads! UM.com is the BEST metal community website on the net!

Gonzo, Ernie, Rusty & Crystal - with Squeak & Paul, you all together are the BEST photo crew a girl could hope for! I love each and every one of you and I totally appreciate you donating your skills to this event! I look forward with great anticipation to seeing the amazing collections of pics from you all! :) You're all so talented and wonderful!

THE BANDS - Words can not describe my appreciation for your amazing talents, showmanship, and professionalism at this event! I am truly honored and humbled to work with such a fantastic line-up of wonderful and dedicated musicians! At the risk of sounding cheezy - "I love you guys!" You are the inspiration for this entire event! If it weren't for your talents and passion for your craft, we would not have a reason to build a show. Thank you for sharing your hearts with us all!

To the fans and friends who came out to enjoy the event and show support - THANK YOU! There is too much to say about all the good people I met, the laughs we shared, and the new friendships that were formed! I love you all! Thanks for making Texas Madfest a success! Without you, all of this would have been for nothing if there isn't someone to enjoy it! A million thank-you's to the people who traveled from far away for our little shin-dig! It melts my heart, really!

And finally, my two main men...

Bryan, I honestly could not ask for a better stage manager and friend! You busted your butt, even with a hurt back, just to make this event run smoothly on the stage! So many of the band members have told me how awesome you were, and I am so very appreciative!

John, the man, and the best partner a gal could hope for! Your support, hard work, and dedication are so inspiring and appreciated! Words can not express what it has meant to me to work with you! From the moment we joined forces, you have been professional and persistent! I can barely come up with the right words! It was difficult for me to share the responsibilities of my festival with someone and become equal partners, but I knew that you would be the most trustworthy and hard-working partner in the world, and I love you for it! Thank you for helping me take Madfest to the next level and beyond!

It seems like a dream! I can hardly believe it all over now, but it was worth it! Merely 9 months ago, this idea started as a passing comment from a friend, a dream from a man, and a building vision from a girl. And now it's in the books as a success and an important part of history for so many people involved. I was nearly moved to tears when leaving the hotel, tears of joy for all the new memories, and ters of sadness that it was over so quickly. I had an amazing time with Mindflow over the last few days and I heavily considered joining them for the rest of their stay in the U.S. because we meshed so well. But I will support them from home and wish all the best for them and each one of the talented bands on the roster! My little dream of a festival was conceived and born in Michigan in 2006, but finally took it's first steps in Texas in 2007!

To next year! :kickass:
~Tammy

Tammy, thanks for helping bring TX Madfest to fruition, and also for echoing my thanks to a lot of people who were involved. You put it so well, so eloquently. :kickass:

BTW, if Mindflow needs any help when they pass through Atlanta, just let me know. I'll help in any way I can (crash-space, whatever).

Thanks for the kind words Tammy and for allowing us to be part of Texas Madfest. It was a learning experience for both my daughter and me but it was also a lot of fun! It definitely takes a lot of hard work to pull something like this together but you guys did it and did it well! In fact, the whole Madfest team and volunteers were all top-notch people.

For me, Saturday was the biggest learning experience of all helping out with the stage crew (well really trying not to get in the way!!). I'm still amazed at just what all goes into getting a band ready to play its set -- more than I would have ever guessed. I saw first-hand the importance of a good stage crew and how important it is to get everyone working together on the same page. As musicians this information is nothing new but as a non-musician this was really something for me to appreciate. Bryan was simply amazing in keeping all of this running along as things can get chaotic fast. I don't know one-tenth of the things he does about music but I appreciate his efforts and patience with me as I tried to catch on. Many thanks!!

Here's hoping we'll see a Texas Madfest 2008!! :headbang: