Magic Never Dies Reviews

Cool, nice one Steve. Good to hear your comments on the tracks! :headbang:

I'm torn at the moment on my fave track. At the time of the review it was Children of The Dream but Another World and Hold On To Love are very close behind, and so is Glaxies Unknown for that matter :D

Magic Never Dies - Reviewed by Nick Hinton of Virtuosa magazine

Power Quest, formed on my very own shores of England, have undertaken a remarkable journey these last few years and it's a journey that I have monitored with some interest, being a good friend of keyboard player/founder Steve Williams. The band won a deal with Italian label Underground Symphony a few years back for their debut album "Wings of Forever", which went down with fans and press alike much better than any of them could have intially anticipated, not least because here was a Birtish band playing predominantly a style of music the rest of Europe excelled at. Although the musical muscle of the band was steady even then, the real cherry on top was the find of a relatively unknown vocalist at the time from Italy, Alessio Garavello whose vocal range and charisma gave Power Quest that edge it needed

Many people thought sceptically that this collaboration may be a one off but in 2004, Power Quest bounced back with a new label and a stronger new album in "Neverworld". the addition of Italian blood in guitarist Andrea Martongelli as well as live dates up and down the country and explosive appearance at the annual Bloodstock Festival conformed that Power Quest were no one off, and the band from then on continued to build a steady fanbase in the UK and abroad. Label trouble ensued and it seems like a long wait, but finally the band is back for the third assault on a new label and with what is possibly their most important and awaited album yet.

Although this is still early days at the time of writing, the intial reports coming in from the press around the world are ecstatic., and as I play the album for the 5th time this week I can really see where the excitement is based. Blessed once again by a clear and charismatic production by Thresholds Karl Groom, "Magic Never Dies" is on of those albums that just grows and grows. Postive and uplifting, vibrant and confident, sleek and catchy, the 11 songs displayed here are a band that has really found their feet. For a start, Power Quest have actually mixed things up a little more, so that there is more of a varied pace and tempo throughout. Yet the simple fact that has impressed me the most is that in a strange less is more kind of way, Power Quest have merely played to their strengths on this album, and it has worked wonders. The lush choruses and rich backing vocals, combined with the fast and uplifting melody lines, contribute to giving Power Quest what is essentially something of their own trademark sound. Check out the monumental hooks of "Find my Heaven" or "Diamond Sky" and you will see exactly where I am coming from. With an album like th

Power Quest Just Keep Getting Better. Another Success, July 6, 2005
Reviewer: samoth2003 from United Kingdom
I Was A Bit Dubious When I Imported This Album When It Came Out In Japan Back In May Because I Thought There Was No Way They Could Ever Top The Previous Album 'NeverWorld' But Somehow They Managed It. 'Find My Heaven' Is A Nice Opener For The Album And Sets The Tone For The Rest That Follows But Certain Tracks Really Stick Out For Me The Best Track For Me Is Track 4 'Hold On To Love' The Keyboarding And The Guitaring Really Flow Together Perfectly, The Second Track For me Is Track 6 'The Message' One Of The Best Ballads I Have Heard For Years It Even Tops Neverworlds 'When I'm Gone' Which I Thought Couldn't Be Done Other Tracks That Stick Out Above The Rest Are 'Children Of The Dream' And 'Another World'. Don't Get Me Wrong I Like All The Tracks But The Ones I Have Mentioned Really Do Stick Out. It's Almost As If Alessio's Voice Is Getting Better With Every Album, If You Liked Neverworld And Wings Of Tomorrow Then Purchase This Album Because It Takes The Best Of Both Previous Releases And Polishes Them For A Fresh New Sound.

From Amazon.co.uk

Strutter Webzine

POWER QUEST ‘MAGIC NEVER DIES’ (MAJESTIC ROCK RECORDS)
The switch from label doesn’t have any affect on the music style POWER QUEST from the UK is playing, because just like on their previous album we can hear a mix of faster STRATO/SONATA type of Euro Happy Power Metal and 80s Melodic Rock a la SHY. Although nothing new is brought here, I can definitely mention here that POWER QUEST is doing it very well, bringing forward some really awesome melodies. From the fast Power Metal tunes I think “Find my heaven” and “Galaxies unknown” are the strongest songs, while from the more AOR/Melodic Rock kinda songs I prefer the lovely “Hold on to love”, “Strike force” and “Children of the dream”, which remind me of SHY, and also the beautiful AOR ballad “The message” (JOURNEYesque). The band is best comparable to SUPREME MAJESTY, the Swedish band that follows the same concept as POWER QUEST, so a mixture of Melodic Power Metal and AOR/Melodic Rock. Of course people will call this is a very cliché record, but I think POWER QUEST has released a very impressive record, which brings two worlds together (metal and aor community). Highly recommended to both SONATA and TNT fans! 8.6/10

Hi there!
I don´t know if somebody already mentioned it, but you are "Assbomb of the month" in German Rock Hard-Magazine...

Moonshadow said:
Hi there!
I don´t know if somebody already mentioned it, but you are "Assbomb of the month" in German Rock Hard-Magazine...

hey! No, nobody has mentioned that but I'm guessing it's a bad thing...haha!

Well I guess you can't please everyone all the time.....so long as a review is constructive I have no problems with it whatsoever. I only get annoyed when the reviewer obviously hasn't taken the time to actually listen or just dimisses the record because it has keyboards!

Symphony said:
hey! No, nobody has mentioned that but I'm guessing it's a bad thing...haha!

Well I guess you can't please everyone all the time.....so long as a review is constructive I have no problems with it whatsoever. I only get annoyed when the reviewer obviously hasn't taken the time to actually listen or just dimisses the record because it has keyboards!

Well, to be honest, it is REALLY bad! It says something in that way (just a brief translation):

"Which dumbass gave THOSE boys a record deal? The self-appointed Power Metal-Sensation (hahahaha!) from the UK is absolutely horrible, even when you´re totally drunk. This garbage is somewhere between creepy Axxis and Freedom Call and that makes me get diarrhoea at the most. The cheap production and the ugly squaller at the Mic settles the rest, and brainlessly tracks like "Find My Heaven" or "Hold On To Love" are just greasy, slimy grits. Well, I guess that nobody will buy this crap, but it´s very pity, that this untalented pile snatches away an deal from another band."

Don´t forget, Rock Hard is (together with Metal Hammer) the biggest Mag in Germany and they´re well respected, so your image could be damaged for a long time... Sorry to tell you that, but once again, don´t blame the messenger...