Magic

somnium_in_tenebris said:
i agree with what blackeyed said" its all in knowing the laws and codes of the universe and knowing how to manipulate them".Some people got this message and searched further,or magic found them itself..

I havent read much,but i've always been attracted by similar subjects(paranormal phenomena,ancient religions,crazy theories,mythology etc) it scares me to death all this,as im having heavy suspicions about stuff related and im already been affected by negative energies(from the inside,the outside,i dunno).so i prefer to stay at a safe distance.
i ve started reading a bit of Metaphysics tho(this is the greek word at least),which has to do with positive inner energy and power,positive autosuggestion in order to get some parts of your brain working the way they should blah blah.

:ill:my granny told me yesterday that her granny was reputed to be a *witch*,like a spiritual ,practical healer,that gathered sick people around her,sent be doctors who couldnt cure them and she'd make them well overnight:ill: she cured Jaundice(you become yellow---->"yellow fever")by cutting a piece of hair in a certain place on the head,then scratch the scalp with a sharp blade and get the bad stuff out,then putting cigarette paper with garlic and salt on the wound. :OMG:
also cured rough blisters and other stuff,doing a ritual under full moon,under a bridge,by clasping two stones and hitting them together :ill: :ill:
Needless to say i got shivers down my spine..

magic:ill: i do believe in it:ill:
wow - id have been a little freaked too! but i guess when it comes to practical healing its what works more than anything. i toohave become increasingly interested in the things that you mentioned above, more sothe religions and philosophical theory, in relation to sciene - althouhg i am defo not hot with physics - i coulddo with brushing up on that tomake me a littlemore acurate with my philosophy - feeling that yuor in the right can only take youso far :lol:

Achernar said:
Well, to be honest most of Paulo Coelho's stuff makes me wanna puke. :ill:
hehe, i started reading it after Orwell's 1984 and i have to say the writting sytle leaves alot tobe desired......its the hedonists - those who like the feeling the book gave them that turned it into an international best seller

and still all is about the twisted emotional world... Soul searches for eternity and finds tranquillity... restless searching outside but still inside...

Or is it all about the superficial ritual which has the same outcome as the conscious act... in the end, sometimes?

Frodnat said:
and still all is about the twisted emotional world... Soul searches for eternity and finds tranquillity... restless searching outside but still inside...

Or is it all about the superficial ritual which has the same outcome as the conscious act... in the end, sometimes?
...and from the High Heavens above mr. Neuron watches as the emotional and social species called humans discuss their experiences...
...since mr. Neuron practices the noble alchemic art of neuroscience he has into his possession the Holy Grail, which is the key to all emotions and experiences of those humble beings called humans...

i dont believe in god so its kinda tough to believe in magicians and that. but if it makes you happy, go on.

Alwin said:
...and from the High Heavens above mr. Neuron watches as the emotional and social species called humans discuss their experiences...
...since mr. Neuron practices the noble alchemic art of neuroscience he has into his possession the Holy Grail, which is the key to all emotions and experiences of those humble beings called humans...

hey, what have I done...? I was just talking about the fact that sometimes magic is just a feeling, that the emotional world is sometimes mixed with a strong believe in magic, spiritual healing and so on. Was there really such a strong valuation involved to legitimate such a response...?

I don´t think so... ;)

toolsofthetrade said:
wait. i didnt say its the same thing. but when you dont believe in a kind of established "divine" thing, its even harder to believe/accept tales and myths about magic. and no i havent got any personal experiences apart from a few wierd dreams that never connect with reality.

Frodnat said:
hey, what have I done...? I was just talking about the fact that sometimes magic is just a feeling, that the emotional world is sometimes mixed with a strong believe in magic, spiritual healing and so on. Was there really such a strong valuation involved to legitimate such a response...?

I don´t think so... ;)
"the FACT that magic is just a feeling" Come on! You admitted yourself that neuroscience is still far from explaining things like this. So it would be nice to let other people have their "magic" or "spirituality" (a term I prefer) without pretending that you have seen it all or something. Ok, maybe I overreacted a bit, but I just don't like the arrogance of the "skeptic movement" when they claim reductionalistic/materialistic explanations exist to explain all "magical" experiences. If you are not like them, then sorry.

let's say there is a god, right? s/he would be all around us, as Alwin states, inside out like - dripping, we'd be soaked with it. Would you think that every feeling, every thought we have and every move we make would be out of one thing only - to reach the same being as s/he and we'd keep up doing that, every lifetime upon lifetime, bringing our intellect and subconcious experience under the arm along with us into the next chapter of that Inner Quest? cos you cant tell me everyone reaches a conclusion to that Quest in one lifetime. surely not.

Why do i feel best in a harmonized environment? cos i feel in harmony with all that produces and soakes energy. i feel the same, i reckon, as those who participate in that cycle. isnt that magic? what's fucking magic? is it me knowing, for weeks feeling i'm about to meet a friend whom i havent seen in years, someone i had sex with for instance? (does an 'encounter' as sex give u a better opportunity to be in frequency with another?) cos i did meet her, and i wasnt surprised that i did.
just a simple example.

these last cpl of ... no the past year for sure, i really often feel a sublevelled thing of confidence, not my own confidence, well could be, but it for sure puts me at ease, not to worry too much about things, when i do. perhaps the well-known angel on the shoulder? before i didnt feel it that often or intense. nowadays i do. i look for it too, and make my decisions often influenced by the feeling i get from that inner thing. is that magic?

it certainly is not David Copperfield :D

When I was about 13 I dreamt I was going to score within 10 seconds of this youth club hockey tournament and I did, that was quite magical :tickled: .

Didn't get me the girl I wanted back then though :(

Alwin said:
"the FACT that magic is just a feeling" Come on! You admitted yourself that neuroscience is still far from explaining things like this. So it would be nice to let other people have their "magic" or "spirituality" (a term I prefer) without pretending that you have seen it all or something. Ok, maybe I overreacted a bit, but I just don't like the arrogance of the "skeptic movement" when they claim reductionalistic/materialistic explanations exist to explain all "magical" experiences. If you are not like them, then sorry.

I said that it is a fact that SOMETIMES... mix... and so on. I didn´t said that you are wrong or that I am right. Just my opinion...

btw I am not Mr. Neuroscience... never said so... and for explaining something like the "brain" you need mathematical models more than experiments... :err:

sol83 said:
wait. i didnt say its the same thing. but when you dont believe in a kind of established "divine" thing, its even harder to believe/accept tales and myths about magic. and no i havent got any personal experiences apart from a few wierd dreams that never connect with reality.
no i dont either believe in that "divine thing". cos it's something from some institution again. and institutions wanna scare you so they can rule you in fear. basically. :D
me neither. but magic, energy, interaction and some kind of conciousness isnt strictly divine is it?
and what is reality? what are (weird) dreams? what are dreams/thoughts/fantasies in relation to reality?

dreaming itself can be magic tho :p

i once read that your body wanting to sleep, is the mind wanting to do so much more then the body can handle for a day.
being sleepy is your mind/spirit being excited to be delivered from the body - be free t'explore what it wants, without the body...
sleep is crossing boundaries of mortal existence.

toolsofthetrade said:
let's say there is a god, right? s/he would be all around us, as Alwin states, inside out like - dripping, we'd be soaked with it. Would you think that every feeling, every thought we have and every move we make would be out of one thing only - to reach the same being as s/he and we'd keep up doing that, every lifetime upon lifetime, bringing our intellect and subconcious experience under the arm along with us into the next chapter of that Inner Quest? cos you cant tell me everyone reaches a conclusion to that Quest in one lifetime. surely not.
Essentially, we are this 'it' as you call it. But on top of that we have our personality, ego, beliefs, etc. We usually start out in life by listening to our ego and basing our decisions upon that ego. However, through some experience (which may be good or bad, but usually intense) we may get in touch with that deeper essence, the 'it'. Then we may learn to feel 'it' and listen to 'it' and conclude that 'it' is good. And we see that we do not have to listen to our ego. Instead we may do what we feel when listening to 'it' .

Frodnat said:
I said that it is a fact that SOMETIMES... mix... and so on. I didn´t said that you are wrong or that I am right. Just my opinion...

btw I am not Mr. Neuroscience... never said so... and for explaining something like the "brain" you need mathematical models more than experiments... :err:
Ok, looks like I took a bullet from the wrong gun, sorry.

now his hand looks very magical :D
magicasinterpreted.jpg