Maiden Australian Tour Rumours!

phlogiston

Bejabbers!
Apr 13, 2001
Melbourne
Visit site
About this time last album there was new tour rumour comming out every 30 seconds about Maiden touring down here. This time, nothing! What's going on? Once bitten, twice shy?

(And yes, I chose the subject on purpose. MWAHAHAHA)

Yes, but they were more speculation than rumour. Last time we had "I heard from a friend of a cousin of a friend who works in the same city as Smallwood, and he said they're definately comming! I can't wait!"

And this time they were only around for a couple of weeks. There was months of it last time.

On the official site it says this: "The Dance of Death Tour continues into South America, Japan and South East Asia next year. Thereafter, as previously announced, Iron Maiden will then cut back on their touring schedule, and instead of playing extensive arena dates, will mainly appear at major festivals around the world."

South East Asia? So they're going to play places like Bangkok, Jakarta, KL and Penang? Pig's arse they will. If they went there they'd have to come here.

But they won't. Pricks.

Michael Chugg is talking to them about some dates(Sydney and Melbourne only), and i believe an offer has been made. No more has been heard at this stage. Last update on this was about a week ago.

There are two rumours doing the rounds at the moment. One about an early February date and another about a dual Maiden/Priest tour.

So there ya go :p

Thats a good idea Gore.

I wouldn't be surprised if Priest tour next year, they have said they are doing a full world tour, Rob said he hoped to bring Halford here sometime whilst on their last tour, and they toured here with Ripper, so a tour with Rob would be much more successful (if promoted properly). A double headline with Maiden, and Dungeon opening would be the gig of a lifetime.

Id rather Priest tour on their own... Naturally ill take both, but JP shouldnt be opening for anyone with Halford back in the band, they should be doing three and a half hour sets every night! And playing all of Painkiller.