Maiden NA Tour Dates

:lol: shat the fack app

I want to hear it because it's my favorite song evar and cause I missed the early days tour

no secondary motives :loco:

Awwwwwwwwwww...

Don't do it, though. Women are venom and are all better off with maggots in their eyes.

Jus' sayin'...
Disagree there matey, one bitch failing you (or any one man) is not the end of the world even if I do sympathize with you and wish you all the best.
Come to Umeå for beers some day, btw

Imagine the following:

Standing in the arena. The lights fade to black. The crowd noise softens in anticipation......and then on the loudspeaker:

We shall go on to the end.
We shall fight in France,
We shall fight on the seas and oceans,
We shall fight with GROWING confidence and GROWING strength in the air.
We shall defend our island whatever the cost may be.
We shall fight on beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds,
We shall fight in the fields and in the streets.
We shall fight in the hills,
We shall never surrender.

And you know what comes next. ACES HIGHEEEEEEEEEEE! :kickass:

[ame]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3091818091207308628&hl=en[/ame]

holy fuck ... from this video:

the 2008 tour ... since Bruce is a pilot and the logistics of flying the massive stage show from continent to continent would be a nightmare ... he will fly their own 757 with huge Maiden logos ... like a massive tour van ... obviously creating a spectacle with this alone in whatever city they will go.

i AM going to beat up some little kid at the IZOD date and steal his ticket :loco:

oh yeah ... WE HAVE to find out when this behemoth is going to land at Newark ... I am sure some Maiden fan gathering will take place by the Garden State Pkwy :kickass:

No "Flight of Icarus"?:erk:

Since that one's from Piece of Mind, I had already dismissed it as they are focusing on songs from the Powerslave, Somewhere in Time & 7th Son era. That said, they're still going to include a few mandatory songs like "Hallowed Be Thy Name" & "Run to the Hills", though I guess those tracks are considered more "mandatory" than the aforementioned track (which is among my favorites by the way - so I'd love to see it as well).

Jason

How can the not play anything on Iron Maiden or Killers? Phantom of the Opera!

Huh? ^^^ post #79

They're not focusing on just Powerslave -> 7th Son, they're playing a sampling of EVERYTHING between Iron Maiden and 7th Son. See tour poster.

You can pretty much guess the set list therefore:

Take Rod Smallwood's announcement:

run to the hills
aces high
the clairvoyant
revelations
wasted years
hallowed be thy name
powerslave
rime of the ancient mariner
the trooper
heaven can wait

and add...

iron maiden
number of the beast
sanctuary
2 minutes to midnight
can i play with madness
evil that men do

I don't think it's going to get more adventurous than that. HOWEVER, there is a serious shortage of Somewhere in Time material (aside from "wasted beers"), and there's not exactly much they can choose from since it's all pretty long and epic. I'm guessing "stranger in a strange land" and "caught somewhere in time" but I wouldn't be surprised if one of those were swapped out for "sea of madness".

I don't think it's going to get more adventurous than that. HOWEVER, there is a serious shortage of Somewhere in Time material (aside from "wasted beers"), and there's not exactly much they can choose from since it's all pretty long and epic. I'm guessing "stranger in a strange land" and "caught somewhere in time" but I wouldn't be surprised if one of those were swapped out for "sea of madness".

Gotcha - but didn't they already confirm that they'll be playing "Heaven Can Wait" along with "Wasted Years"? I recall even seeing an announcement about some Fan Club contest where the winner gets to sing along on stage during that song or something.

EDIT - LOL, you even list that song in your posts.

Gotcha - but didn't they already confirm that they'll be playing "Heaven Can Wait" along with "Wasted Years"? I recall even seeing an announcement about some Fan Club contest where the winner gets to sing along on stage during that song or something.

Oh yeah, it's even in Rod Smallwood's setlist above. D'oh.

OK so just one more from SiT then -- I'm thinking "Stranger...."

Also, you know which bit they're going to have a fan sing along with in "heaven can wait" right?....it's the same part during MAIDEN ENGLAND when all the roadies and tour managers run on stage and start singing along -- the "woah woah woah" part. Best crowd singalong ever! Total ruleage. :D

I was just confused that the poster said Killers and Iron Maiden and not one of the main songs were from those albums.

I was just confused that the poster said Killers and Iron Maiden and not one of the main songs were from those albums.

Yeah, in looking at the poster, I totally get the confusion now. I was under the impression they were emphasizing different eras with the various "Early Days" tours, but I guess that's not quite how they're doing it. Still, given what it looks like they're going to be playing.........:worship:notworthy

Yeah, you're right -- it's tough to guess this. The question is: are they going to evenly space out the songs from all those albums? If so, they need to add a few more from the debut and Killers.

I doubt they'll ignore: "wrathchild" for example. If we're lucky we might get "killers".

:OMG: <- posted for reason other than my daughter wanting to see it :)