Maiden Rollcall

Shadow298

UNLEASH THE GUAN
Sep 4, 2002
Without the Darkness
Visit site
Well, after 14 or so years, the time is finally upon us and Maiden has finally returned to Oz.

So, who is going and to which night?

I'll be heading up Friday for the Saturday show and will probably be wandering around the City on Saturday afternoon sees me and wants to say hi/try to attack me/spit at me from a passing car (though their will be retaliation to the last two acts).

Hopefully see and catch up with a few of you up there.

Will also have some Taliesin CDs with me if anyone is after any.

See you at the show.

Shadow

What a night!!
Probably one of the greatest concerts iv'e ever been to.
Set was awesome. Sound was killer. Only complaint is they closed the bar about 10 mins into maidens set which is fuckin gay but typical of acer arena.
No more gigs for me for a while...till march anyways haha:kickass:

agree with chewy.

that was the utterly be most awesomess kickarse gig I have ever seen! :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

had a great position up in the "Gods" (the upper section) on the right hand curve, so could see everything -crowd, stage and part of the backstage (plus Bruce's shadow on the backdrop when he went behind the set).

had an amazing night, saw heaps of people and was very lucky to find the people that I needed to find after my mobile phone had died.

Now, I'm trying to remember the set list for the show.

So far have:

(Transylvania recorded track)
Intro: Churchill's speech.
Ace's High
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Trooper
Revelations

after that think it was
Wasted Years
The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Heaven Can Wait
Powerslave
The Number of the Beast
Iron Maiden
Fear of the Dark
*Can I Play With Madness?
Run to the Hills

Encore:
Moonchild
The Clairvoyent
Hallowed Be Thy Name

is that all correct or have I forgotten the order or some songs?
Was Can I Play With Madness there somewhere?

Was Can I Play With Madness there somewhere?

Didn't they play it just before "Run To The Hills"?
Then again my memory isn't the greatest. I walked out of the gig thinking fuck I wished they played "Aces High", how awesome would that have sounded... :lol: I was in a bit of a daze for a while after the show. Pant-shittingly awesome.

Didn't they play it just before "Run To The Hills"?
Then again my memory isn't the greatest. I walked out of the gig thinking fuck I wished they played "Aces High", how awesome would that have sounded... :lol: I was in a bit of a daze for a while after the show. Pant-shittingly awesome.

think that you were right.

few people had the same experience too.
would've laughed at them but they were also so out of it from the moshpit or drinking that I just smiled. :)

I was seated (well, seated tickets anyway... there were maybe four people in the entire arena actually using their seats :lol:) and didn't drink all day so I have no such excuse :(

So, this is the possible set list from Saturday night:

(Transylvania recorded track)
Ace's High
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Trooper
Revelations

after that think it was
Wasted Years
The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Heaven Can Wait
Powerslave
The Number of the Beast
Iron Maiden
Fear of the Dark
*Can I Play With Madness?
Run to the Hills

Encore:
Moonchild
The Clairvoyent
Hallowed Be Thy Name

Can anyone confirm or correct this?
Pyro?

I was seated (well, seated tickets anyway... there were maybe four people in the entire arena actually using their seats :lol:) and didn't drink all day so I have no such excuse :(

yeah, a few sits around me were abandoned and heard people afterwards saying how easy it was to get into the pit even with silver tickets.

and you're excuse is the excitement of it all frying your brain. :)

Found the set list, thanks to dude on Maiden Downunder:

Transylvania recorded track
Aces High
2 Minutes To Midnight
Revelations
The Trooper
Wasted Years
Can I Play With Madness
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
Powerslave
The Number Of The Beast
Heaven Can Wait
Run To The Hills
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden

Encore:
Moonchild
The Clairvoyant
Hallowed Be Thy Name

Pissed off that i couldn't go...someone tell me that Bruce's voice was shit, the guitars weren't intune or that it was obvious that they used a backing tape...anything to ease the pain. :(