Maiden Tunes

Doodoobubbachuck

Maidens' drums
Aug 2, 2002
theironmaidens.com
After 16 years of TIMs, it is increasingly difficult to choose which songs to add to the list next while keeping a 90 minute set balanced! It's almost like you need a full 2 hours minimum to really make it totally flow perfectlyl!!
We'll be adding a new one to our repertoire on our upcoming Europe tour!! We hope you all will enjoy it! Plenty of audience participation in this one! We recently added Monstegur, but that one does not seem to light up the crowd as well as we hoped that bringing a "newer" tune to the list would, but all is good! We'll just keep adding more! I really believe Maiden fans want to hear more of the older classics and obscure tunes from us and leave the newer stuff to the real deal! \m/

SO, go ahead and suggest songs you'd like to hear us do! You never know, we just might do it!!!!! :-D

Cheers and up the Irons!

I've been to lots of your shows in the past two years, and I don't believe I have every heard you play Powerslave.

Set list in the sticky thread says you've played it before. Maybe I've just been unlucky and missed it.

I also like Bring Your Daughter...To The Slaughter, but I acknowledge that one's a controversial call. It wouldn't surprise me if you got traction with it on your UK stops, since the song was banned from BBC Radio 1 when the Maiden version was released in late 1990.

Anyway, I know it's not the newer stuff, but those were my thoughts. You'd make my night if you played either one at the Tiki on December 2nd, which is my next anticipated Maidens intersection.

Cheers!

Monstegur didn't go down well?? I'm surprised to hear that. That's one of the heaviest tunes Maiden have done and I personally love it (but then I love pretty much all Maiden songs! :lol: )

One song that I always adore hearing and would really love you guys to play in London is Infinite Dreams. I love that song SO much!!!

As far as new songs for you guys, it's hard to chose and you've done pretty much all of the 80's stuff. I'd always love to hear The Clansman but you're maybe keeping that one for your Scottish debut!! Haha!!! Speed Of Light is a great, fast paced tune and seems to get the crowd really pumped. The Final Frontier is a great opener as well. When I used to go and see Maiden Scotland a lot, they started opening with that one but used to play The Ides Of March first, then go into that one instead of Wrathchild. It worked brilliantly and really surprised the crowd. Would love to see the Blaze era get a bit of love too. Futureal and Man On The Edge are two amazing songs, especially the latter which is easily in my top five Maiden songs of all time.

Ok, I'll shut up now!! Haha!!

If my suggested song is picked, I believe I should be flown to Europe to hear it first at an exclusive sound check with complementary Trooper beer served to me by both Eddie and the Devil characters, in costume as well as the show. Also, I will be allowed to play the part of Clint Eastwood in the movie Where Eagles Dare, while that song is played as I fight mimes and one midget (Hobbit) dressed as the bad guys...on stage. If the Devil and Eddie have plenty of room on stage, I am sure this can go off as well.

How about a three hour show in your original home, Santa Fe Springs Swap Meet?
The triumphant return of the greatest tribute band ever !!!!

Ah, Jenna, we actually did play the Clansman at our last show of our European tour! We also just played it at our Paladino's Holiday Show! It will surface on youtube eventually I hope! I wish we had it ready in time for London though!

I love when you play "Ghost of the Navigator".
I suggest "Shadows of the Valley" Probably hard to learn & play, but you gals can pull it off!