Maiden Unplugged

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
From Blabbermouth.net

IRON MAIDEN Go Acoustic! - Feb. 1, 2003

IRON MAIDEN producer Kevin Shirley, who is currently working with the band at a London studio on their as-yet-untitled follow-up to 2000's "Brave New World", has posted the following recording update via his web site:

"We cut the track being rehearsed [in this photo], and it came out great - and someone suggested putting an acoustic guitar on it, so I said, '... well, let's cut an acoustic version as well.' So we had to hire in some acoustic guitars (that's pretty sad!) and we cut an alternate version. Three acoustic guitars, acoustic bass and Nicko [McBrain] playing his drums, not with regular sticks but with 'bundles', and the track came out great. Even [IRON MAIDEN frontman] Bruce [Dickinson] got sensitive in his vocal booth, delivering a peach of a performance. I'm not sure where this will surface, as I feel pretty certain the electric version will make the record, but... hey, it will keep everyone guessing, I suppose!"

Coooooooool...

It's really about time they did something different. Anything different!!

I'm actually getting quite excited about the new album, and so far it's 100% because of what Kevin Shirley has been saying. He's doing more to promote interest in the album/band than the band themselves, the website or management!

Hopefully it will be a b-side. I agree with ya Sydo, Shirley has gotten me excited about this album on his own accord, we haven't even heard what the band has to say about it yet. I think Maiden doing some accoustic stuff could work VERY well...imagine something from Bruce's solo stuff, like 'Arc Of Space' or 'Jerusalem' written into a song like 'The Clansman'. May be a bad example, but you can see what I mean.
I absolutely LOVE the outro to the song 'The Prophecy', and think the song is great simply because of the nice accoustic work, so they can pull it off.

I'm excited. Up the Irons! :headbang: