Maiden websites

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
Just wondering if anyone regularly checks in with any Maiden fan sites or anywhere other than the official one? Mark, do you still run Maiden Central? I was a fan of that place back in the day.

I am just on a massive Maiden kick this last week or so, and thought I might add a good site to my regular rotation.

Yeah, but nothing's happening. They'll be doing some festivals and then probably go into the studio at the end of 2010. I think any news that does break will be on the official website.

Their plan a few months ago was to record before mid year and have the album out by the end of 2010, as they have been hanging out writing for a while before Christmas. Fuck I hope so.

I am also stupidly considering another Maiden inspired holiday, and want to keep on top of what festivals they will be playing. I would like to see them play a gig in between albums and nostalgia tours, as the setlist would be unpredictable (in theory). In reality, though, I think I will save it for 2011 when they are touring again. I seem to travel every second year, might as well keep the tradition.

I only ever come here. Went to the official site a few times when they toured, but that was it. I guess I figure any meaningful news will filter through here anyway!

Hiya - yeah I still do Maiden Central although its just a blog now where I regurgitate news and try to act like I have an intelligent opinion :lol:

I think the heyday of the Maiden fansite is over -- ~1999/2000 it was hot 'cos people were excited about them being 'back'. These days there's not so much going on I think. I check the official site now and then, but anything super exciting is usually on here.

Just checked out Maiden Norway.... the self proclaimed "premiere source for maiden news"

Its not been updated since august 14th with the most exciting item being Adrains new guitar being stolen after the greece gig. The item was added on august 4th.

Great to see they have a finger on the pulse!

I don't watch out for Maiden news anymore, not much of a fan, but I used to use http://beastdownunder.proboards.com/index.cgi? all the time. Great Aussie forums, great bunch of guys, and they seem to keep on top of the news well enough, especially in regards to anything hinting at an Aussie tour :p I still pop in there for general chat occasionally.

Although those forums have definitely slowed down since Maiden finally came down here again.

Hiya - yeah I still do Maiden Central although its just a blog now where I regurgitate news and try to act like I have an intelligent opinion :lol:
I was enjoying some of the random bits and pieces on there and wasn't sure if you were behind it or not. Keep it up!

I kind of like the idea of running a music blog like that, where you can just expell your thoughts as you wish. Hmm.

I don't watch out for Maiden news anymore, not much of a fan, but I used to use http://beastdownunder.proboards.com/index.cgi? all the time. Great Aussie forums, great bunch of guys, and they seem to keep on top of the news well enough, especially in regards to anything hinting at an Aussie tour :p I still pop in there for general chat occasionally.

I used to go there. That's actually kind of an offshoot of here, in fact. I always found it a bit more fanboi-ish than here though. Might have changed.