Majestic Rock news

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
MAJESTIC ROCK RECORDS UPDATE:
The latest news and release information from Majestic Rock Records has been released. To pre-empt the releases, the label states: "What follows is a release schedule for May 2006, Whilst every effort is made to meet these release dates....well, shit happens, especially in this business. We thanks you for your understanding..."
Details as follows:
May 22nd:
Masterpiece Colors Of Conflict (MAJCD075) Debut album from Tokyo, Japan`s melodic Power Metal sensations - fans of Rhapsody will find much to enjoy here!
Elixir Mindcreeper (MAJCD079) New album from probably the world`s last true NWOBHM act. Does what it says on the tin - if you're into your metal, you`ll love this!
May 29th:
M.ill.ion 1991-2006 THE BEST...SO FAR. Compilation of the band`s finest moments thus far plus the inclusion of a couple of very nice previously unreleased tracks and the Backdoor Queen video as an enhanced item.
Tytan Rough Justice - 21st Anniversary Ultimate Edition 2 disc deluxe reissue of the NWOBHM classic containing four bonus tracks and a second DVD disc featuring a pro shot-show from London in 1982 - a must have for any NWOBHM`er!!!

They are on myspace. I deleted my old account so I need to re-find them. When I do I'll post a link. I contacted one of the guys in the band via myspace and he sent me links to download the entire album.

They are really good guys and they are well worth checking out. The album is fantastic!

MAJESTIC ROCK RECORDS OPEN THE FLOOD GATES:
Press Release / June will be an uncharacteristically busy month at Majestic towers with the release of the following albums. Some are behind schedule, and for that we apologise. As always, it's the old 'circumstances beyond our control' line. Anyway, as promised..
June 5th sees the release of Anarion's Unbroken, Elixir's Mindcreeper and the Debut album from Japanese melodic power metal sensations Masterpiece.
Anarion's second album – though their first to gain an international release – is as good a power metal album as you'll hear this year or any other. Already available in Japan, where the band made a short but eventful trip in early March, word of mouth has grown steadily around the Melbourne based band's abilities. Unbroken is frighteningly good, it's as simple as that!

anarion-unbroken.jpg
xx
exilir-mindcreeper.jpg
xx
masterpiece-colorsofconflict.jpg

NWOBHM veterans Elixir have their latest album Mindcreeper unleashed upon the world the same day and, as the old cliché goes, it's business as usual…though with a very slight Difference. No longer content to be pigeonholed as NWOBHM revivalists, Mindcreeper has a bit more about it than you might expect. Still as heavy as you could want but with a little more in the mix. Recommended for those who like their rock heavy and then some!
Masterpiece is an extraordinary discovery. From the streets of Tokyo, Japan to a CD player near you….think Rhapsody and you have a useful starting place. Power metal never sounded so precise, and the playing on Colors Of Conflict is breathtaking. Trust the Japanese to serve us up European styled music that outstrips most of the real thing! Don't just be curious about this band…. hear this record ASAP!
June 19th is the Day M.ill.ion return to the scene, albeit with a Best Of entitled 1991-2006 The Best…So Far. In amongst the biggest and the best the band have Delivered in their 15 years or so in existence you'll find a couple of real gems in the unreleased Evil Inside – left over from the Kingsize sessions – and a corking live version of Candy Man from Firefest 1. ADD to this the enhanced Backdoor Queen video…well, you can't go wrong, really. If you've sat on the fence with this band, stop it – it's bad for you!

million-bestof.jpg

Eden release their excellent debut album Open Minds on June 26th and with Kick vocalist Nick Workman and Bob Catley / Pulse guitarist Vince O'Regan on board, you're assured quality. Which way have they taken their latest project, though? Well….there's a bit of Zeppelin in there, a bit of Free, some more contemporary influences that I won't bother going into here…but it's all Eden. Gigs are being lined up for the summer as we speak, so nip along n' see them. You'll have a blast, we promise you.

eden-openminds.jpg

Next up…Legion, Wasted Live, the return of one of the 80's biggest melodic hard rock acts (oh yes, we can do it too, y' know!) and much, much more...

MAJESTIC WELCOME TWILIGHT ILLUSION:
Majestic Rock Records are pleased to be able to announce the signing of Swedish Neo-Classical metal act Twilight Illusion to a world-wide recording deal for their debut album, currently due for release early in 2007.
"The band bring something new and exciting to the genre" says Majestic Rock A&R director Geoff Gillespie. "There are many bands working in this area, so to stand out a band needs to have something more about them. Thankfully, Twilight Illusion have that something special and I have no doubt at all that this record will turn heads."
The Stockholm based band comprises American vocalist Sebastian Nicolescu, guitarist Johan Ahlskog, bassist Håkan Andersson and drummer Rickard Johansson and vocalist Sebastian had this to say about signing with Majestic Rock: "I've been listening to the neo-classical metal out there and frankly we're not impressed. On the other hand it feeds us the hunger. The hunger to show that original neo-classical music can still be written. Music that is exciting and fresh with no need to imitate certain 'icons' of the genre. We also think that an album should be made of great songs entirely, not only one or two. We'd like to thank Majestic Rock Records and Geoff Gillespie in particular for this chance. This is going to be fun."