Make it Stop. Make it stop!

chemicalburn

Banned in 40 Countries!
Jul 23, 2003
New York
www.horseballs.com
I don't know what exactly it was that did this to me, but here's the situation:
Getting a ride to work, 6:20AM, half asleep, chugging my coffee, riding in the mountains, when suddenly the person puts on some top 40 radio station and that Linkin Park song that goes "In the eeend nothing even matters..." something along those lines you know the one I'm talking about.
Maybe it was the mind numbing dronelike hard labor, but the song kept playing through my mind all day. I tried not to think about it but it just makes it worse. It still hasn't stopped. I need help.

i hate all that shit, they are like yeah! metal! raise the horns! dont even know what the fuck they are doing, got no goddamn clue about the real metal culture located in the underground

chemicalburn said:
I don't know what exactly it was that did this to me, but here's the situation:
Getting a ride to work, 6:20AM, half asleep, chugging my coffee, riding in the mountains, when suddenly the person puts on some top 40 radio station and that Linkin Park song that goes "In the eeend nothing even matters..." something along those lines you know the one I'm talking about.
Maybe it was the mind numbing dronelike hard labor, but the song kept playing through my mind all day. I tried not to think about it but it just makes it worse. It still hasn't stopped. I need help.

I wouldn't worry too much about this. That type of pop music is pure
fluff. It's like eating a damn tweenkie for lunch. All empty calories. Like a bad burrito it will pass just give it a little time...

Linkin Park its just like a "rock-boy band"... pre-manufactured.. and then thrown into the market to sell millions of albums.

But what tha fuck... if you can't get that shity song out of your head. kill yourself, throw yourself into a clif and lapidate yourself. Then you shuld buy me an english dictionary.

i kind of like some linkin park songs...

Reactions: stormy
Yeah I hate it when that happens. Like if I accidentally turn to a top 40 radio station(I've got one of those old radios and the good station is like really near the same frequency as the top 40 one) I'll hear a linkin park or limp bizkit song and it'll get stuck in my head. I give them credit for making catchy songs, but....they're just annoying :p

SLAYER85 said:
i hate all that shit, they are like yeah! metal! raise the horns! dont even know what the fuck they are doing, got no goddamn clue about the real metal culture located in the underground
I don't think they ever refered to themselves as metal. They're not metal - okay, nu-metal at best - but not even that. Just some average, poppish rock with some rappish elements. Let them do whatever they want, don't waste your hate on it..

In The End is too fucking catchy, though. It just goes into your head and stays there. It gets annoying after a while - yes.. I remember everybody played this album of theirs two years ago at my school.. When I heard it first (actually a harder track called "One Step Closer") I thought it was some kind of an underground band (just ahd this impression) - and took the song well. But then it became such a trend - this is one of those instances where you start to dislike music simply because it's popular :).

There was a musical vacuum, that's all. Oh yeah, there was also Paparoach with their suicide song.. Nearly everyone was so wild about it.

I'm thinking lately - what if metal became mainstream? (I mean VERY mainstream, MTV-type mainstream) Real metal, I mean.. Opeth, Nile, Dark Tranq., Slayer, In Flames, CoB, etc.. Would it turn away many fans who just would wanna stick to the lesser popular stuff simply because it's less popular?

shell shock - yeah i do think that real metal bands would lose a shit load of fans if everything went mainstream, metal fans dont want everyone listening to their music and exploiting it and ripping it off, just like what evanescence or however you spell it, have done to lacuna coil

Shell Shock said:
I'm thinking lately - what if metal became mainstream? (I mean VERY mainstream, MTV-type mainstream) Real metal, I mean.. Opeth, Nile, Dark Tranq., Slayer, In Flames, CoB, etc.. Would it turn away many fans who just would wanna stick to the lesser popular stuff simply because it's less popular?

SSSSSSSSSSSHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Metal will NEVAH be MTV-mainstream!
I pray that day will never happen! If there's a Satan, it never will.

Reactions: stormy
I dunno. Try to get another better song stuck in your head. I also sometimes get shitty songs that I hate stuck in my head. Some shitty songs can get stuck in your head easily because they are catchy.

I really like Linkin Park....although the first album is much better (i probably just say that because of nostalgia though).

funny scene; staind live concert, acoustic rendition of 'outside'.....camera: audience of kids with horns raised in the air. :err: :err: :err: :err:

I mean, no really, people have the right to horn any vaguely metal band, underground or nu (it was DIO after all who probably started the horns....are they tremendously heavy and underground? uhhh, NO!) but that....that's just silly.