Making the change-over from Physical Media.

When a guy who made a living selling albums and CDs goes digital, it's like the local drug dealer going clean. :lol:

When I'm straining my guts out moving, it'll feel great knowing I'm not also lugging a skidillion records and CDs along... all just to make sure I keep my rep up with people who won't be there helping me move anyway. HA

For those who have made the digital switch, I am also curious to know what kind of device you are using for listening in the car. Streaming off your phone? Or carrying an iPod or other device around everywhere? I will be very sad when it comes time to part with my 6-CD changer...

Car? I remember those.

I stream from my phone, and using Spotify, or from my laptop at work. I'll dropbox a selection if it's not on spotify or if I know I'll want something specific.

For those who have made the digital switch, I am also curious to know what kind of device you are using for listening in the car. Streaming off your phone? Or carrying an iPod or other device around everywhere? I will be very sad when it comes time to part with my 6-CD changer...

I play my iPod Classic through my car radio that has a USB interface. That's how I play most of my music in my car. Once in a while I still play actual CDs!

Unfortunately, the iPod Classic is no longer being made so I don't know how much longer that will be an option. The radio can also play directly from a USB stick so I may move to that down the road.

I've seen cars newer than mine (I have a 2012) that have a Bluetooth interface, so you could stream direct from your phone. Just put in a large micro SD card for the music you want to play.

One of my other cars has a 6 CD changer, so I know how you feel! :D

The radio can also play directly from a USB stick so I may move to that down the road.

My car got broken into while I was working late one night and I lost my entire book of CDs. Since then I installed a radio with USB on the front and that's how I've traveled with tunes ever since. I have 3 CDs in my car right now (and they probably say something about my tastes), Christ 0, Iconocalst, and the new BtBaM Coma Ecliptic. Those were put in for emergency use and for the times when I just forget to take the drive out of the car and swap things around. My unit's kind of stupid, though, and only supports 255 folders total on the drive plugged in.

Bluetooth from smartphone running Google Play Music or Spotify, $10/mo subscription for no ads and to allow saving albums and playists to device (optional.) Most new cars have BT connectivity; for older cars, as long as you have an aux input, this dongle provides high-quality BT audio and remote control.