Manne Newsletter With Jasun's New Towers Axe.

ZHJ&T

Dec 7, 2002
www.zerohourweb.com
OBAMA Celebrations

We had the pleasure of having two Manne instruments playing in Washington at the Obama official Inaugural Celebration.

The great young bass player
Mark Walker performed with his Manne Moab at the Lincoln Center Inaugural Celebration Concert on January 20, 7:00pm - 9:00pm with Spur of the Moment & Maysa and Richard Smallwood & Vision, and also at The People's Inaugural Gala for Michelle Obama on Sunday, January 18 with a musical anthology tracing the African-American experience, featuring Grammy-Award winning musician and composer Richard Smallwood.
Mark is one of our most recent US endorsers. With his Moab-5, he is reaching more and more audiences and these Inaugural shows were a great honor and a big professional reward.

Also
Justin Young (call him Justin, Jrok or Levite, you Decide!) played a Manne Raven in a concert at an Inaugural ball celebrating accomplishments of various political figures. It was held at the Italian Embassy in Washington on January 20th.
feb03.jpg
feb01.jpg
ZERO HOUR

Jasun Tipton, guitarist for
Zero Hour, is one of our long time friends and endorsers.
He is the one that helped our development of the 7-string guitar versions and together with his brother Troy did a lot to promote our instruments among rock-metal players.

After building for Troy a new bass with their last CD artwork, this was Jasun’s turn to go for a brand new 7-string with the same look.

The Tipton twins are the Californian part of our Manne family: easy, friendly and smart. But watch out! When they hit a stage, be prepared to ROCK!!

"What can I say other than I LOVE THIS GUITAR!!!
The thing about Manne guitars is that the’re top notch in every category.

The tone, playability and looks are nothing less than amazing.
The greatest compliment you can receive is when a friend, student or listener of your music picks up your guitar and says I think this is the nicest guitar I've ever played.
I want to thank Andrea for always building the goods and always supporting my brother and me. MANNE RULES!!

I want to thank our bro's Richard and Sean of Manne USA for always being so great to us, and our bro's at Manne guitars international Alex and Thomas for all their great support as well.
Worldwide sales

Danish DB Musik transformed into a new company: GUITARISTER.DK which means "The Guitar Players"
As the named suggests the new company will concentrate on specialty guitars, basses and all related products, distributing these products to dedicated dealers, including a retail shop that the distribution company owns. Bruno Barcelli, the owner, is ready to present and promote Manne into Danish market.

We also have a new distributor in Spain: Bilbao Trading.
They will be busy at the Spanish musical instrument fair from 04 to 07 February with Manne instruments in the booth.

We will be present at the upcoming Frankfurt MusikMesse from 1st to 4th April, in Hall 4.2, Booth E17.
Presenting our new enlarged catalog of instruments, we will exhibit the entire new Mannedesign production, as well as a great selection of Manne custom shop instruments. Take note and don't miss that!
feb02.jpg
feb04.jpg
New Inlays Available

A new inlay process is available with our instruments. Utilizing laser cutting technology, we are now capable of customize your own fingerboard with your signature, or mark the fret references with your customized symbol or band logo.
Write your signature following instructions on
options page under Custom fretboard inlay, scan it, saving it as an .SVG file type or a .JPG file type.
The result is particularly stylish and will let you leave a definitive fingerprint on your instrument.
The logo or signature can be finished in an ivory colored resin and will look great.
Arrivederci!Mr. Manne
NEWSLETTER - January '09
ROBERTO DALLA VECCHIA

Our old time friend
Roberto just released a new CD. Listening to it my first impression is that his music totally represent himself and is a direct expression of his character: pure, sincere, serene, tasteful, with strong faith and values. The musical values come first, leading to a distillate of personal, mature, music form without adherence to any gimmicks or trendiness.

“Unknown Legends” offers a rich and ingenious synthesis of American sounds and Mediterranean flavors, expressed with inventiveness and energy, and full of instrumental precision, always arranged with an attentive eye to tradition.

The CD features Roberto’s powerful acoustic guitar and other stringed instruments, dobro (Enrich Novak), whistles (Paolo Bressan), cello (Giovanni Costantini) and upright bass (Stefano Versolato), playing themselves through a collection of quiet and thoughtful songs full of atmosphere and lively driving tunes.

Says Dalla Vecchia: “I like the idea of recording music that is appealing for his honesty and simplicity in an acoustic yet contemporary approach. “

The CD was recorded at Magister Studio, Italy, and mastered at The Sound Lab, USA.

gen02.jpg

Says Roberto:
“I mainly used my new Mannedesign DSR guitar with rosewood back and sides and spruce top.
The guitar has a wonderful sustain and a very balanced sound.
According to Andrea Valfrè, the studio sound engineer, it is a very friendly recording instrument.

I also used my Taylor 710 whenever I overdubbed a second guitar part to give the tune a more colorful tonal palette. Both guitars were recorded using just one microphone - a wonderful Neumann USM 69.
The main room of the recording studio is quite large with a natural reverb of about 2 seconds!”
HOLYDAY Nice WISHES

I love Manne guitars and especially my Taos Natural.
I still can't put her away.
I just want to say thanks to you and your great Team for so much addiction and passion.
Manne forever !!
Stefan Schönebeck - Germany

Big best Wishes, also from my '92 Manne (unbeatable)
Giangi.

Thousands Millions of wishes to the nicest italian guitars: MANNE ))))))))))))))
Stefano

Many wishes to the master builders of our Lands.....
And keep Manne Rocking!!!
The Trieste Manne fan club

Let us wish you a great holidays, buon natale e buon anno, And show our appreciation for great instruments and molto simpatico liutaio.
a presto.
Kévin , Walter, Tanguy - Core of Heaven – France
gen03.jpg
gen04.jpg

Mark's quote:
"Whether it's for live performance or studio session... the Moab is my choice. The Moab is the most consistent sounding bass I've ever played. I love the tone and feel of it... It's the only bass for me. The Raven, by far, is one of the F-style baddest basses I've ever played on.
I dare anybody who plays a Fender to test it out and not want to buy it."
MARK A. WALKERMark A. Walker has worked with national Jazz and Gospel recording artists throughout the United States and his skills are featured on various national recordings. With the release of his his debut instrumental CD entitled "Forever Yours", Mark took his career to the next level, creating a soulful blend of jazz tunes.
Mark can currently be found in the studio mapping out his sophomore project as well as producing for some of today's top artists. Additionally, you can catch him on the road performing with a variety of extraordinary artists.

Mark was introduced to Manne by his manager, D.
Knagui Giddins of S.O.I. Talent Management Firm.
"Andrea and his team at Manne provide the best one-on-one service I've ever experienced.
His care and attention to Mark's needs should be a model for other guitar companies in the industry.
Mark is one of the most humble and loyal cats I know. He's played one company's basses for nearly 20 years.

In November of 2007, Mark and I discussed buying a new bass.
We decided to go to NAMM 2008 and while we were there, I ran into my friend Mauro De Nadai from Lucky Music in Milano. He told me to take Mark to the Manne Guitars booth...
Now; Mark and I are church boys, and when I went ahead to scout the basses I saw one called the "Moab" which instantly reminded me of the Old Testiment in the Bible.

Mark knew the moment he touched it, that it was his new bass. After he played it;
I remember him saying to me, "...yeah bruh, we've made it to the promised land."
REDWING

Another shape is added to our line of TRADITIONAL STYLE MODELS: The
REDWING is another classic on wich we applied the Manne concepts adding playability, performance and wide range of customization.

So currently, further to our Classic line, the original Manne Shape of the Taos,Ventura and Semiacustica, you can choose the manne features on your favourite traditional shape with RAVEN, BLACKBIRD, BLACKHAWK and REDWING.
The Manne flock is ready to let traditionalist rethink about innovation, feel and quality.
And there is a full wide choice of possible customization available to build you your personal dream.
The Redwing we build has a typical Manne layout with a multichambered hand rubbed satin finish korina body with burl polar top (one of our classic features), as well as a classic bridge and pickups.
The body shape for the Raven has the noticeable absence of a neck heel, making the neck playable up to the very last fret.
We can build the body with or without the binding, and also with more classic solid color high gloss body finishes.
gen05.jpg

Hey guys!
I've been looking for another 7-string for a while now, and I think my search is over and I'm going to be ordering a Manne. I have been to dozens of guitar manufacturers' websites and when I saw the picture of you guys on the Manne site I remembered how you recommended them to me a few years ago. Your custom models are so cool looking.

If you don't mind - what "popular" brand would you compare the guitars to? Obviously, I don't want to purchase one on pure aesthetics since it's an investment that I'd really like to play.

Anyway, I hope things are going well with Troy's recovery and hope to be able to play together again soon!

Hey guys!
I've been looking for another 7-string for a while now, and I think my search is over and I'm going to be ordering a Manne. I have been to dozens of guitar manufacturers' websites and when I saw the picture of you guys on the Manne site I remembered how you recommended them to me a few years ago. Your custom models are so cool looking.

If you don't mind - what "popular" brand would you compare the guitars to? Obviously, I don't want to purchase one on pure aesthetics since it's an investment that I'd really like to play.

Anyway, I hope things are going well with Troy's recovery and hope to be able to play together again soon!
Hey Gregg,

Good seeing ya this weekend! I messed around with his old Manne a few years back and it plays AMAZING! If I were to venture a guess at a comparable "feel" I would say it feels like the best Ibanez you've ever played! Similar feel, only tighter, better... I will be interested in Jasun's response as well.

Hey Gregg,

Good seeing ya this weekend! I messed around with his old Manne a few years back and it plays AMAZING! If I were to venture a guess at a comparable "feel" I would say it feels like the best Ibanez you've ever played! Similar feel, only tighter, better... I will be interested in Jasun's response as well.

Hey, Yeah - the wedding was awesome and it was great to see you!

If Jasun's response is anything like yours, I'm going to be much poorer at the end of the week, heh.

I love my Petrucci, but backups are just necessary...

Gregg,

I just noticed the email from Richard my bro. I sent some info in regards to the axe. All I can say is I've played just about every 7 out there and Manne 7's are the best.

One of my students who owns a 8 and 7 string Ibanez played my Manne for his lesson. He said he's saving for a Manne 7.....It's the goods bro.

Shout out to brutha Rick!!

Jasun