Manowar-Gods of War

And I must say that although some of the songs are alright/good/typical Manowar songs - the freaking filler/orchestration/narration pieces have got to go. 16 "songs" onthe cd - of which about 8 are automatically skip overs. Keep in mind this is coming from one of gtheir biggest fans. I get so sick of this crap from them lately. Why the hell cant they just show up at their own freaking studio, plug in, let it rip like in the old days and forgat all the little perfectionist touches and orchestration stuff.

The band CAN still play when they decide to - but all this orchestration stuff leads to everything sounding the same. There are a couple of songs that could be played live off this cd - the rest either arent songs or certainly arent meant to be played ilve.

I'm disappointed - I'll have to reburn the actual songs from this onto a cd-r skippig all the BS. Oh - and as a bonus - the entire freaking cd booklet is printed in runes (or somethign) - if you want to read it in english go to the website and download a copy. I know they like everything to be "real" and "authentic" but the novelty wore off about 2 pages in. WHile it is a bright marketing idea to drive people to the website - it would have been more fan friendly to publish it in whatever language (english, german, spanish etc) and then direct people to the website to "see it in runes"

Grrrr, not only that - big mass media super chain store didnt even have the new Saxon - so I have to stop by Independent Records on the way home to pick that up. I was really counting on Manowar to help make this a good day - but this half a cd stuff is getting old. I'll still support them and go see them live - but it doesnt take YEARS to come up with the few songs that are on here - and my biggest fear is that as this is part of a "cycle of the gods" - taht means the next ones will be overproduced, over orchestrated gloried EPs as well.

I want Batlle Hymn, Into GLory Ride, Hail to England dammit. Write the freaking songs, leave the narratives out (u want narration, make a freaking video and put it over top of that), go to studio, record jamming songs, resist urge to touch the freaking knobs on the console, press maseter into cds and distribute - then freaking tour - repeat cycle once per year to make up for the def leppard type calendar you have been on for the last too many years.

Whew, rant over, I feel better now. OK, now I want to Hail & Kill something - drivers of I-25 beware.

Jeff

I agree on the farting around with the filler shit having to stop. That's for sure. They should make another straight ahead, slamming album like "Louder than Hell". I still love them to death and always will.

.......but there are better ways to go about expressing your distaste for something than by bashing an entire group of people who really have nothing to do with it. If you didn't like Living Colour, would you call them "my pals metal?" No. Could you still be racist? Possibly. For me, it wasn't a matter of how anyone on this board feels about a particular race, religion, or creed. It's about using tact, which is something that some people on this board lack.
Your point is a fair one. And I agree, most internet forums could use a bit more tact.

I tend to look at conversations on internet forums, where the regulars know each other, as being similar to conversations between friends. And when people are with their friends, they don't censor themselves.

In the end, I believe much depends on intent, context and audience. I suspect our opinions aren't drastically different.

Zod

I agree on the farting around with the filler shit having to stop. That's for sure. They should make another straight ahead, slamming album like "Louder than Hell". I still love them to death and always will.
This is really my biggest problem with them. They started using the orchestration and all that goes with it the add a sense of grandeur to the songs. But now, it's out of control. I'm actually surprised that they haven't noticed this yet.

Zod