Manowar touring again?

Well Freak Kitchen is crazy musically talented. Manowar has a great drummer....

They have quite a bit more than just a great drummer - Eric Adams is an amazing vocalist, Karl Logan is a damn good guitarist and love him or hate him, Joey Dimao is a talented bassist. These guys just don't get the respect they deserve. I've seen them twice and they kicked ass.

I saw them in Winston-Salem back in 2000 I think, but it definitely wasn't with Rhapsody. Just a small club show with some no-name band from NJ opening. There were MAYBE 100 people there, the show completely kicked though!

When the hell was the Rhapsody show?

That was the show I saw, thought it was pretty terrible. But in all fairness I'm sure they were not at the best that night. Something makes me think they probably did not give it there all. And if I remember correctly from the local inside the word was that they were being difficult to deal with. A lot of times in those cases the audience gets punished because these prick bands take out all their issues they may have in the performance and often slight the fans. I'm sure this was the case at Ziggy's that night.
As for the "no name" band it was Havochate who are actually pretty cool.

Seems likely, since the Masquerade's rep floated a query about booking a show here on the Atlanta Metal Forum. Tickets would be "very expensive," though.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm..............

Any more to this Pellaz?

On another note, I've been working on some Christmas music (yea I know a little early) but I really want to include Manowar's Silent Night on my compilation. It's not available through their website anymore. Any suggestions?

That was the show I saw, thought it was pretty terrible. But in all fairness I'm sure they were not at the best that night. Something makes me think they probably did not give it there all. And if I remember correctly from the local inside the word was that they were being difficult to deal with. A lot of times in those cases the audience gets punished because these prick bands take out all their issues they may have in the performance and often slight the fans. I'm sure this was the case at Ziggy's that night.
As for the "no name" band it was Havochate who are actually pretty cool.

Sorry, I just read your post on this. I was at this show as well. The date was March 30, 2002. I know because I stood right against the front rail and took pictures, which I have framed in my office with the date at the bottom. You're right, the show was not the greatest, but it was fun. It was a warm up show for their European tour. Yes, Havochate were cool too. I even caught a Havochate T-shirt. I remember hanging around after the show trying to get Manowar's autograph. Some people were even banging on the side of Manowar's bus, something I was not stupid enough to do. They never did come out of the damn bus!

Just about agree with all of that. Except that I've seen them 6 times and they have slayed each and every time.

Wait, wait, wait...

You actually paid six times to see... this?:

manowar.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, I just read your post on this. I was at this show as well. The date was March 30, 2002. I know because I stood right against the front rail and took pictures, which I have framed in my office with the date at the bottom. You're right, the show was not the greatest, but it was fun. It was a warm up show for their European tour. Yes, Havochate were cool too. I even caught a Havochate T-shirt. I remember hanging around after the show trying to get Manowar's autograph. Some people were even banging on the side of Manowar's bus, something I was not stupid enough to do. They never did come out of the damn bus!

I found it interesting that the man who talks so much about "metal brotherhood" and how loyal their fans are could not take a few minutes to step off the bus to greet them.
I do agree it was a fun show. I'm sure it was just a bad night, venues like Ziggy's are hit and miss with good shows. Manowar are seasoned vets, I'm sure most shows are awesome.
I seem to remember that word through the grapevine at the time was that the venue was having issues with them, but details are sketchy these days.

I found it interesting that the man who talks so much about "metal brotherhood" and how loyal their fans are could not take a few minutes to step off the bus to greet them.
I do agree it was a fun show. I'm sure it was just a bad night, venues like Ziggy's are hit and miss with good shows. Manowar are seasoned vets, I'm sure most shows are awesome.
I seem to remember that word through the grapevine at the time was that the venue was having issues with them, but details are sketchy these days.

I agree, they should have taken the time to sign a few autographs. We were disappointed, especially since we drove so far to get there. But I never expect a band to come out and greet their fans. I am pleasantly surprised when they do.

Regarding the Manowar/Rhapsody tour in 2005, I remember the show pretty clearly. Rhapsody were the underdogs and stole the show (at least the one here in Orlando). I thought Manowar were great that night, but looked PO'd that there were so many Rhapsody shirts in the audience. Did get to meet Fabio, who was very cool and took pics and signed autographs.

Hmm, that was a while ago, so apparently nothing came of it regarding Manowar.

It wouldn't be the last time such a "trial balloon" was floated on that forum about a potential upcoming tour, either: X-Japan was also mentioned. (!)

Actually, X-Japan is indeed playing Lollapalooza this year. That one wasn't just a rumor.

OMFG!!! To hear ALL F'n 3 FIRST ALBUMS WOULD BE THE ABSOLUTE SHIT, EVEN W/O Ross!!!!
I saw them in 2005 @ The Masquerade w/ Rhapsody too! I missed Rhapsody though! :(
But yeah, I agree, there were a SHITLOAD of people wearing Rhapsody shirts, as opposed to Manowar shirts!!! Weird, and Manowar's the Elder metal band!:erk:
I did get a Hell On Earth III shirt though!
Which I proudly wear to show my LOVE & Respect
for The Brothers Of Steel!!!

You f'n haters can get the f' on!!!
OTHER BANDS PLAY, MANOWAR KILLS!!!
HAIL! HAIL! AND KILL!!!
DEATH TO FALSE METAL!!! :kickass:

Regarding the Manowar/Rhapsody tour in 2005, I remember the show pretty clearly. Rhapsody were the underdogs and stole the show (at least the one here in Orlando).
Dave and I caught that tour in Worcester, MA. Same situation. Both bands were great, but Rhapsody ruled. I don't know if either band met fans after - we were a the bar across the street. :kickass:

I think people tend to generalize their one off experience, as the norm for a band's behavior. Although Manowar are in fact Metal Kings, they're still human. They're prone to bad moods, fights with the girlfriends, internal strife, etc. For all anyone knows, they didn't come greet the fans because they were on a conference call with a business manager, etc. In the end, be it good or bad, people see what they want to see.