Manowar U.S. tour dates

You're kind of proving the point. DT tickets are cheaper and they're a MUCH larger act.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-27266-1385052218-5.gif

As far as those bitching about the ticket price......seriously?

Dream Theater tickets are $69.50.
They tour consistently every other year.

Manowar haven't played most of these cities in what, like 10 years?
I think the last time I saw them was 2002 in the Chicagoland area.
So wait....Dream Theater actually plays places besides little clubs for the $69.50 (that you quoted)...so MUCH bigger venues...
Manowar is playing little clubs and OVERCHARGING their "fans" $75.00 a ticket...

How in the hell is that the same???:lol:

So wait....Dream Theater actually plays places besides little clubs for the $69.50 (that you quoted)...so MUCH bigger venues...
Manowar is playing little clubs and OVERCHARGING their "fans" $75.00 a ticket...

I think Jasonic is saying that a Manowar show is such a rare occurrence (in the States) that $75.00 for a ticket isn't that bad, especially when you can see Dream Theater just about every year and it costs pretty much the same.

As far as those bitching about the ticket price......seriously?

Dream Theater tickets are $69.50.
They tour consistently every other year.

Manowar haven't played most of these cities in what, like 10 years?
I think the last time I saw them was 2002 in the Chicagoland area.

I've been on this forum for 12 years. Every now and then I think I've seen every single possible comment of yours that makes no sense. Then you surprise the living hell out of me. :lol:

1. Dream Theater plays much bigger venues, for a much bigger audience.
2. Dream Theater plays a show that's warranted $70. Hell, the entire production of a DT show warrants higher ticket prices.
3. Dream Theater has a solid career and has managed to stay relevant to the style ever since their inception. To say Manowar is going downhill for many years now, is an understatement.
4. Manowar has toured at least 3 times in the US since I've been living here (2000). Whether or not they did full US tours, I am not sure... but I remember going to see Rhapsody of Fire open for them in 2005, I believe (and immediately leaving the venue after RoF's set).
5. The most obvious of all of them. Dream Theater doesn't suck. :)

I think Jasonic is saying that a Manowar show is such a rare occurrence (in the States) that $75.00 for a ticket isn't that bad, especially when you can see Dream Theater just about every year and it costs pretty much the same.
it's a rare occurrence because Manowar has sucked after the release of their 4th album Sign of the Hammer...:lol:

The Chicago show may be getting cancelled now too. The roof collapsed on the club last night. There was a hip hop show and I guess someone "raised the roof" to much. It has been all over the local news today. 3 injured and stuff. Waiting to hear if the show is going on or not.

You beat me to it. I paid for the ticket, but I do think considering the venues they're playing and the draw they're going to get it shouldn't be that much. Maybe $50.

In their defense, they were offering anyone with a Detroit ticket free admission to the (now canceled) Chicago show + a $200 merch gift bag.

Right, but that was after the initial posts. Also that was a very awesome thing for them to do. Much props for that.