Manowar U.S. tour dates

So, are any Atlanta area people going next week? The wife and I are probably going to make it. Price is the main detractor for us but I'm sure we'll have a good time. I just hope the venue isn't empty.

Thanks for the link. I really hope there is a good sized crowd. It would be so much more badass to have a crowd full of people singing along than just a few guys with their arms crossed. I guess I'll find out in a week.

I'd love to know how tickets are selling. At $75 advance, and $100 day of show, it's hard for me to imagine the local metalheads buying, but I'm sure some are. I'm not one of them.

So the real question to ask is what kind of guarantee does Manowar get in the US? I seriously doubt they are doing door deals at this level.

So it couldn’t be a case of the promoter not wanting to pay the guarantee due to poor ticket sales?

There's always 2 sides to a story and somewhere in the middle is the truth. I would assume the venue will respond if they are being slandered for no reason.

Honestly I'm surprised they even had a show in Detroit. From what I hear, shows don't do well there.

That said, the ticket price definitely hurt them and it's beyond ridiculous blaming the promoter.

Apparently, they're making a special announcement in the next few minutes.. any bets the show is back on?

All Detroit Ticket Holders Welcome To MANOWAR’s Chicago Concert For Free

MANOWAR And Concord Music Hall in Chicago welcome all ticket holders from the canceled Detroit show to MANOWAR’s Chicago show on February 8 for FREE, plus with a 200.00 USD merchandise gift bag courtesy of Magic Circle Entertainment.

“Although the Detroit show cancellation was not the decision of MANOWAR’s management, we are fully aware of the disappointment and suffering of our fans when someone else fails them. We have never let our fans down and we never will.” said Joey DeMaio.
“MANOWAR have always fought for their Manowarriors from the Detroit area and all over the world. We have all worked very hard to find a solution for our fans and we are glad that the great team at Concord Music Hall has joined our fight for true metal. We invite our brothers and sisters from the Detroit area to join us in Chicago for a metal party like they have never seen one before!”

Fans who have tickets to the canceled show in Detroit will be granted admission to MANOWAR’s show tomorrow, Saturday February 8 at Concord Music Hall in Chicago, free of charge and are invited to the merchandise stand to receive a free MANOWAR gift bag with over 200.00 USD worth of merchandise, including a special, brand new ‘Kings Of Metal MMXIV’ collectible coin, that is not yet available for sale.
(Original tickets for the Royal Oak show must be presented at the door and only one ticket per person will be accepted.)

“All other promoters that we have spoken to are ready to rock full blast! And we are ready to play a tour that will kick ass and melt faces like you have never seen before, with a brand new production, and massive amounts of equipment that will blow your head off, packed with tons of classics and full of surprises!” explained DeMaio.

That's really cool of Manowar.
I can imagine if they are doing that there really must have been a small number of advance tickets sold for the show!

Chicago could result in a LOT of walk up sales, so they must have factored that in the equation and for these freebies to not impact the ticket capacity, that amount must be small.

As far as those bitching about the ticket price......seriously?

Dream Theater tickets are $69.50.
They tour consistently every other year.

Manowar haven't played most of these cities in what, like 10 years?
I think the last time I saw them was 2002 in the Chicagoland area.

That is pretty cool of Manowar. Yes, the $75 ticket price will surely scare some fans away. It's easy to say that Dream Theater is charging it so it's priced right, but really it is priced at 3 times the price of a Saxon concert. Sure some people will still buy tickets, but the more casual fans will stay home. I'm not a huge Tool fan, but the other day when they announced a local show I decided to go, until I saw the concert was priced at $79 plus Ticketmaster fees. I decided that it wasn't worth those prices to me so I gave it a miss, but that Tool show sold out in a couple hours anyway. We'll have to see what Manowar is able to draw at these prices. I'm just not sure there are enough total fans to make up for the fans that will be scared away. I'm afraid, though, that if these shows don't draw well, this will be more of a final US tour for Manowar than Motley Crue is now doing right now. I just have a feeling that Manowar knows they can charge these prices in Europe and therefore they think they can get it here. If they can't get it here, then they will focus exclusively on playing shows where they know they can draw at these prices. I just don't see them viewing this as a lesson that they will need to lower their prices to draw in the states. I think we will know a lot more in about 2 weeks.

I'll be at the Atlanta show. I can't really say I am a huge Manowar fan...I like'em but normally I won't shell out that kind of money for one band. That said, I feel the need to see this band live if only to have the experience. They are a legendary band and I am excited to support their stop in Atlanta.

Incidentally, I'd pay that much to see Dream Theater. Too bad Atlanta is not on their itinerary.

:headbang: