Maplecaster

connection.jpg

Forgive if I am misinterpreting this picture, but it appears you have the "ground" from the pickup connected to the "ground" of the jack. This won't do anything, this is also why the hum goes away when you touch the end of the cable connected to the guitar, you are effectively "grounding" the circuit.

What you need to do (as I believed a couple others have mentioned) is solder a wire to the baseplate of the bridge and run it into the cavity. You then need to connect both the ground of the jack and the ground of the pickup to the wire in some manner. Thats all there is to it!

Something else to consider is that if you have already soldered the ground wire to the bridge there is a chance that the finish (black paint) on the bridge is impeding conductivity. I don't honestly know enough about flatmount bridges like that to know for sure, since all my guitars are either TOMs are floyds. The black coating might not be conductive (or you might just have a poor connection somewhere in the circuit), and you might need to scuff it off in a spot to make a proper connection to the metal of the bridge.

Edit: The bare cables are not causing the hum from the evidence you have indicated. The excessive hum you have indicated is certainly from it being ungrounded. Bare cables can certainly exacerbate the problem, but the reason why you don't want to have bare cables like that so close to each other is that if they touch (which is quite possible once you close up the cavity) it will create a short circuit. This would cause the sound to cut in an out, since it would prevent the "hot" signal from reaching the jack.

You then need to connect both the ground of the jack and the ground of the pickup to the wire in some manner. Thats all there is to it!

this could be the solution!
as i said, i already tried it with an extra cable that was connected
to the bridge but i had soldered it only to the ground not to both cables.

i'll try that now, i'll report back asap! :)

this could be the solution!
as i said, i already tried it with an extra cable that was connected
to the bridge but i had soldered it only to the ground not to both cables.

i'll try that now, i'll report back asap! :)

Hopefully!

I think both Brandon and 006 were expressing the same idea as me, but wiring schematics are a bitch to convey with words!

Heres what it should look like.Forgive the drawing, MS Paint with a touchpad! hahahahaha The pickup is two conductor, correct? As stated before the "hot" wire from the pickup goes to the tip contact of the jack. But thats pretty intuitive!

Guitarwiring.jpg

If you want to get your bare wires nice and insulated, invest in some heat sink tubing, and learn how to use it. Good stuff to have on hand for wiring projects.

edit: Heat *shrink* tubing, not sink! lol

the drawing helps a lot, thanks! :)
damn, now i have to disassemble everything to get a cable under the bridge again.
wish i didn't already put strings on, but then again how was i supposed to test everything then....this will surely take a while :lol:

my soldering iron is real PITA, i'll buy sometihing better soon and then i'll buy some heat shrink tubes as well! :)

Yeah Garrett is right on. Let me try to explain guitar grounding...The guitar is grounded through the guitar cable out the jack. Everything in the signal needs to be connected to that ground, this means the pickups (through the pickup ground wires), the selector switch, the back of all of the pots, AND the strings. You're getting the hum because you're strings aren't grounded. So you need to ground your bridge, in effect grounding the strings. You'll need to drill a hole from under the bridge going into the pickup cavity. You'll have a bare part of the wire under the bridge that will make contact when the bridge is screwed down, and it will run through the pickup cavity, into the electronics cavity, and connect to the main ground, your jack.

386212_618196562015_4404127_32998390_1487297038_n.jpg

Sounds pretty good. Better to judge within a mix, of course. Glad to hear you got it sorted.

heres another clip, not a mix yet just an idea i had to ban to my hdd.
this chinese no name hi optput humbucker sounds pretty rad if you ask me! :D

HCish