March 19, 2013 "Anthems" EP Release Date

Am I the only one who's finding it hard to get that excited about this release?

So...has anyone else picked it up? :lol:

My ranking of the tracks, best to worst:
Smokin'
Keep On Runnin'
Anthem
T.N.T.
Jailbreak
Big Eyes

So...has anyone else picked it up?

Mine just arrived via UPS.

I randomly received the Keep On Runnin' cover.

Here is a quick artwork preview:
anthems1.jpg

anthems2.jpg

anthems3.jpg

anthems4.jpg

Going to eat something and then take a listen to the thing. Guess I have heard at-least 50% of it already in the previews.

What the fuck does it say in the journey cover other than anthrax twice?

Edit: it says it three times i guess

Wonderful artwork!! The graffiti band pix is great. Guess they need to have another one after the epic SOE Drucker artwork.

Not sure how this is sketchy.....

I don't think it's skethcy either. I generally don't get too excited when it comes to cover albums, though. Not live albums either, to be honest. There are some good ones, but usually I find them a bit boring. That's just how I feel about those sort of albums.

When it comes to Anthems, none of the songs I've heard so far have really made much of an impression. They are well played and well sung, but I've never been a fan of the orignal tunes.

That's ok, though. It's good that the band do what they feel like doing, and from the way that they've described how the songs were selected, it very much seems like a project that everyone was involved in, which is great.

Ok. This is probably the quickest turnaround in the history of this board, but I just had a proper listen to Anthems through headphones (while tidying the house, but nevermind the lack of rock n' roll context). I decided to get it through iToons.

Ok, then. Listening to the EP is like sitting in a factory of cheese, wearing a cheese helmet, and eating carmambert like a mad man....but...it's a fun listen. It's growing or, in keeping with the chosen metaphor, maturing on me, I must admit.

I've not listened to the Crawls yet. It's a great song(s) but serves as a filler in this context, me thinks.

Ok. This is probably the quickest turnaround in the history of this board, but I just had a proper listen to Anthems through headphones (while tidying the house, but nevermind the lack of rock n' roll context). I decided to get it through iToons.

Ok, then. Listening to the EP is like sitting in a factory of cheese, wearing a cheese helmet, and eating carmambert like a mad man....but...it's a fun listen. It's growing or, in keeping with the chosen metaphor, maturing on me, I must admit.

I've not listened to the Crawls yet. It's a great song(s) but serves as a filler in this context, me thinks.

The remix is fairly bland IMO. Is this the same one that was on the Japanese version of WM?

The remix is fairly bland IMO. Is this the same one that was on the Japanese version of WM?

From what I've gathered, yes. It was an interesting listen, and that's that. I'll stick to listening to the original Crawl in the context of WM.

I don't really enjoy Smokin' a whole lot, but the rest of the tunes are good fun. I like the production a lot, by the way. The vocals have a rather "dry" feel to them in parts. It works really well in bringing out the "retro-feel" of the tunes.

Got it yesterday and gave it a couple spins. I like it. The only thing I don't get is why they put Crawl on there.