March . 29 . 2005 - 'Live CD now available'

jesse

living, breathing
Apr 29, 2001
Solitary Refinement
www.daylightdies.com
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]We apologize for the delayed release of the limited live CD, but we now have some in stock. We urge anyone interested to purchase a copy directly from the merchandise section on www.daylightdies.com. Daylight Dies "Live from the Relapse Contamination Festival" was recorded back in January 2003 and is strictly limited to 1000 copies. Also available is a special deal if you choose to get a No Reply tshirt along with the CD. [/size][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]You've heard it before and you'll hear it again now -- the title of the new album and song titles will be revealed shortly. We will have several 'major' news issues to share as soon as a few 'details' come to pass. Thanks for your continued and seemingly eternal patience.[/size][/font]

jesse said:
Killer album you are cranking there.. I've been giving the new Porcupine Tree endless plays... it's fucking great!

BONUS POINTS.

Fucking great album for sure. Arriving Somewhere But Not Here is beyond good.

Plus the Akerfeldt solo makes me quite happy.

Is it not possible to get a special deal on the live CD and a longsleeve shirt instead of shortsleeve? I must check before deciding what to order.

Totally agree, for me the only thing that comes close is the bakers boy trilogy by J.V.Jones, you should check it out.

jesse said:
Killer album you are cranking there.. I've been giving the new Porcupine Tree endless plays... it's fucking great!
It's otherworldly, I've hardly played anything else since I have it and it just keeps growing and growing... Utterly, unbelievably good, it's more than likely to become my album of the year 2005.

Saw them live April 11th, a breathtaking concert, you're gonna watch them when they come over (which is soon)?

This was the setlist when I saw them:

1. Deadwing
  2. The Sound of Muzak
  3. Lazarus
  4. Halo
  5. A Smart Kid
  6. Hatesong
  7. Arriving Somewhere but not here
  8. Fadeaway
  9. Burning Sky
  10. Mellotron Scratch
  11. Blackest Eyes
  12. Even Less
Encore

1. Shesmovedon
  2. Trains

I saw them twice over here. At the Nottingham warm-up gig they played in addition to the list above Shallow and The Start of Something Beautiful, with no Mellotron Scratch. In Bristol a few days later they'd dropped Shallow, but still no Mellotron Scratch. I'm assuming that Fadeaway and Burning Sky are the two from Up the Downstair; I've not actually got that album and Steve didn't announce them by name.

I actually wasn't too keen on Deadwing when I first heard it; after seeing/hearing most of the songs played live, I love it.

EDIT: We also got Glass Arm Shattering, definitely in Nottingham, and possibly also in Bristol.

Rusty said:
I saw them twice over here. At the Nottingham warm-up gig they played in addition to the list above Shallow and The Start of Something Beautiful, with no Mellotron Scratch. In Bristol a few days later they'd dropped Shallow, but still no Mellotron Scratch.
They vary around with the setlist on the tour, the day before I saw them, when they played in Amsterdam, they played The Start... instead of Mellotron and Synesthesia instead of Burning Sky I believe..
Rusty said:
I'm assuming that Fadeaway and Burning Sky are the two from Up the Downstair; I've not actually got that album and Steve didn't announce them by name.
Correct!
Rusty said:
I actually wasn't too keen on Deadwing when I first heard it; after seeing/hearing most of the songs played live, I love it.
I didn't like it the first 3 times I heard it, but from then on...

I just got the live album yesterday. Been lacking money so it took me a while. I must say its excellent, the sound quality is superb! Much better than i expected from a live album. Especially when the clean guitar plays at the same time as the distorted one, you can hear it perfectly.