Marduk - Plague Angel Appreciation Thread

Agalloch

The Purest of Doom
Nov 29, 2003
AZ
I haven't seen anything on this forum about this album or much about this band so this thread is necessary. Plague Angel is the peak of their career and one of the heaviest albums you may have not heard. It takes no prisoners and crushes all comers from start to finish. Luckily, I've provided the entire album for proof.

Last edited by a moderator:
C'mon you pussy fucks. Anyone who hasn't heard this isn't reaching full potential.

I've never heard this bruh, honestly don't own one thing by Marduk. I listened to the first few minutes and this right in my wheel house. I'm low on time atm, but will get jiggy with it fairly soon.

Thanks for posting about music, seriously.

The only reason anyone in this thread is talking about Nightwing or Opus Nocturne is because they're designated as "classics" however the album this thread is about is way superior, despite Opus Nocturne also being awesome.

What exactly differentiates this band from the so called "norsecore" bands? I don't really understand the appeal. Is it because they have more speed picked power chords and faster blast beats than the other bands?

The only reason anyone in this thread is talking about Nightwing or Opus Nocturne is because they're designated as "classics" however the album this thread is about is way superior, despite Opus Nocturne also being awesome.

yes well I listened to the whole album two times today and sorry but I don't see how it's "way superior" to Nightwing. The habit factor plays a part, granted, but Nightwing is just so good and I don't really find any of its killer atmospheres and melodies in Plague Angel, which is a good album though

On a side note and because I don't want to start a new thread, Enthroned's new album deserves some attention cause it's really really dark and awesome, I never awaited them at that level after such a long career churning out ok albums at most. They may have nailed their opus magnum.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes well I listened to the whole album two times today and sorry but I don't see how it's "way superior" to Nightwing. The habit factor plays a part, granted, but Nightwing is just so good and I don't really find any of its killer atmospheres and melodies in Plague Angel, which is a good album though

Plague Angel is just a lot more blistering and aggressive, which is what I'm in the mood for these days.