Marshall 1960AV or Mese 2x12 recto cab

If you don't have the money for a 4*12 mesa go for the old fucker 1960av, try to buy a mesa 4*12 used..

i know mesa gear prices are pretty steep over there...have you looked into an engl cab maybe?

mesa 4x12 cabs are only $100 more than marshall here, definitely worth the extra...but i know mesa prices generally double when they cross the pond

cobrahead1030 said:
i know mesa gear prices are pretty steep over there...have you looked into an engl cab maybe?

mesa 4x12 cabs are only $100 more than marshall here, definitely worth the extra...but i know mesa prices generally double when they cross the pond

Yeah Mesa is really expensive here, you can get 2 Marshall 1960av cab's for the price of one Mesa. I didn't look for Engl cabs though, are they good with an 5150? I've read that v30 speakers work the best for metal right?

Catastrophy said:
Yeah Mesa is really expensive here, you can get 2 Marshall 1960av cab's for the price of one Mesa. I didn't look for Engl cabs though, are they good with an 5150? I've read that v30 speakers work the best for metal right?

it's a matter of taste really...generally people who like a thick, warm, mid-heavy sound like the vintage 30's

and people who like a more brutal, somewhat scooped sound prefer the gt-75's

personally, i like one of each :headbang:

there are many other options available of course, but those are the most widely used speakers in metal rigs

sorry to hijack the thread a bit but i have to choose my new cab
so because i have a mesa rectifier head i was considering getting a mesa cab
but which one ?
because now there is not only the recto cab but the road king, the roadster
and the stiletto
snd then what to get closed 3/4 or open back
unfortunatelly i can't test any near my location

so any help would be nice