MesaDualRec.Mesa2x12Cab. or Peavey6505Pl.Mesa4x12Cab.

Yeah, a TS7 will help pretty much any amp regardless of pickup, so you should definitely get one (just remember, drive 9:00, Tone 11:30, Level 11:30). And that's sweet that you're brother can do your gear shopping for you over here in cheap-land! :D

Yeah, a TS7 will help pretty much any amp regardless of pickup, so you should definitely get one (just remember, drive 9:00, Tone 11:30, Level 11:30). And that's sweet that you're brother can do your gear shopping for you over here in cheap-land! :D

USA really is a cheap-land in some cases, I'm probably gonna order a PRS SE-series guitar from the USA, 'cause it's gonna be 200euros cheaper!

Metaltastic - thank you very much :) I'll will try your configuration first, just can't wait when it will arrive :)

I have some questions of mesa, and would be glad if you can help with them :)

1 Can I just put several power tubes off, to get triple rec. usable in home or should I use attenuator?

2 Is there a difference in triple rec. 2 channel and 3 channel versions in Red channel sound quality and gain?

3 Is there a big difference bitween Mesa 4x12 Cab and other Vintage 30 Cab's, like Laney TT, Line 6 Valve, Avatar ?

4 What is your favor. mesa configuration for death metal?

Metaltastic - thank you very much :) I'll will try your configuration first, just can't wait when it will arrive :)

I have some questions of mesa, and would be glad if you can help with them :)

1 Can I just put several power tubes off, to get triple rec. usable in home or should I use attenuator?

2 Is there a difference in triple rec. 2 channel and 3 channel versions in Red channel sound quality and gain?

3 Is there a big difference bitween Mesa 4x12 Cab and other Vintage 30 Cab's, like Laney TT, Line 6 Valve, Avatar ?

4 What is your favor. mesa configuration for death metal?

Congrats, I own the exact rig, a 3chan Triple Recto and a Recto Standard 4X12" cab, sounds awesome!

The questions:
1. I would personally get an atteunator.

2. Yes and no. The red channel on a 3channel Recto is not like the red channel on a 2channel Recto, the orange channel on a 3channel head is much more closer to the red channel on a 2channel head. If you wish to use setting that were meant for a 2channel head/red channel, use the orange channel on the 3channel head.

It will take some time to learn how to tweak the amp, since it's pretty unique when it comes to it's EQ section.

3. Well, again yes and no. Mesa uses custom made Celestion V30's so they are not 100% like the stock V30's on the other cabs, but the biggest difference in tone comes from the size of the cab. The Mesa Rectifier Standard(also called the oversized cab) is bigger than your average cab, so it produces more low end, has more "relaxed" mids(slightly scooped), more low mids.

4. My favourite combination for death metal would be:
orange channel, modern mode, diodes, bold. Boosted with a TS. This is because the orange channel has those brutal mids. Like I mentioned on another thread, the orange channel is where a Nevermore'ish tone lives, and the red channel is where a brighter, more focused sound can be found.(in a nutshell that is)

TomiR - Thanks very much for the answers, now I can see.. I personally like more dark tones, and less focused.. So i will try orange channel first :)

Thanks very much for the answers, now I can see.. :) I also like more dark tones and less focused, and I will try the orange channel first.

A good death metal tone:

Orange channel set to Modern
Silicone Diodes
Bold
Bass 11:00-12:00
Mids 9:00-11:00 ...all depends on your taste, really
Treble 12:00-1:00
Presence 12:00-2:00
Gain 1:00-2:00

with the recommended Tube Screamer settings.

This should at least get in the ballpark and you can tweak from there.

Very important...turn that sucker up. It will sound much better the more you crank it.

Hey..Thanks...:) but my will come with 5U4 tubes, not with diodes, how can I set diodes on recto?

good :) Can you recommend any good attenuator and good tubes for mesa?
Are JJ tubes good in mesa?

good :) Can you recommend any good attenuator and good tubes for mesa?
Are JJ tubes good in mesa?

The amp will sound killer even with the stock tubes, so you don't need to worry about tubes yet. I have always used the stock Mesa tubes in my Triple, because it just sounds awesome with 'em.

But, if you eventually want to try different tubes, I would go with Tung Sol's in the preamp section.

A good atteunator, I wouldn't recommend an atteunator when tracking guitars, since they can really "suck a lot of tone" so to speak, especially when used with high atteunation values. I used a Koch LB-II 120 for quite some time, and once I tried tracking guitars without it, I found out that it really made my sound a lot worse. For jamming it's a good piece of gear though.

A THD, KOCH, Weber etc. atteunator will do the trick.

If Weber, which model? Weber MASS 100 Power Attenuator, Weber Blackface Power TAP Attenuator or Weber Tweed Power TAP Attenuator?
What is maximum DBs attenuation, that will not suck the tone?