Marshall JMP1

jangoux

May 9, 2006
Hey guys,

What's the general opinion on this preamp ? I've searched the forum, but the answer are kinda vague. A buddy is trading his Tokai Strat for a JMP1 and money, and I think he won't be keeping the JMP1 and I am kinda interested on it.

Btw, I'd be using it on the studio only.

i had a jmp 1 once, and it was an awesome and versatile preamp.
4 channels,. all content saveable via presets -> win

the "emulated direct output" sounds very antiquated today, if you want to use it for direct recording, you have to use impulses, that sounds great.. or of course ->poweramp->cab> works pretty good.

i only sold mine because the condition of the one i got (bought 2nd hand) was really bad, so i´m always looking to buy another one again.

It's a very versaltyle preamp, I have one form years, never used to recording modern metal, but with the right settings it can sound pretty good.

ive got one i like it a lot, does all the usual obvious Marshall tones with ease, plenty of gain on tap and a nice low boost button for a modern edge.
IF you like the Marshall sound , couple it with a nice impulse and you wont be disappointed IMO,
Ive heard people raving about the Voodoo mods available for them too but ive not gone so far as to get mine done yet.
Iron Maiden use them live i think too.