Martin Walkyier : Sabbat / Skyclad / Return to the Sabbat

I don't suppose any of you know when those rereleases are scheduled to happen?

Since I wasn't reading the first three times this old thread resurfaced, I'll throw my two cents in now. Note that the "sky" in my username (as well as my fancy avatar) comes from "Skyclad". So I'm obviously a Skyclad fanboy.

But to answer the question if anyone dislikes Sabbat, yes, that's me! I actually gave away my copy of 'Dreamweaver' some time ago; sounds like I should have sold it for huge profit instead! Well, at least I know that it went to a good home... My problem with Sabbat is that I'm just a pop music fan at heart, so unmelodic thrash doesn't do a whole lot for me. I needed more hooks than "TheclericalconspiracybeGINS! whslwashawayourSINS!"

But hey, if the HC guys wanted to bring Sabbat over next year, as well as Skyclad, and then, uh, have Martin accidentally singing for Skyclad as well, I'd be all for that!

Neil

I never got too into Skyclad outside of the first two, though I haven't given them many listens. On the other hand, the first two Sabbat albums are among the cream of the crop as far as Thrash goes, so Sabbat > Skyclad easily for me.

Skyclad is more 'musical' than Sabbat and therefore more accessible. In the grand scheme of things, Skyclad is probably a better outfit. They offer some variety in the musical structure, whereas Sabbat is thrash metal terror. You need to be a fan of thrash in order to like Sabbat.

Skyclad is more 'musical' than Sabbat and therefore more accessible. In the grand scheme of things, Skyclad is probably a better outfit. They offer some variety in the musical structure, whereas Sabbat is thrash metal terror. You need to be a fan of thrash in order to like Sabbat.

:lol:

why thank you captain obvious

I don't suppose any of you know when those rereleases are scheduled to happen?

SABBAT: Remastered Early Albums Due In March - Feb. 1, 2007

Sanctuary Records has set a March 26 U.K. release date for reissues of two classic SABBAT albums: "History of a Time to Come" (1988) and "Dreamweaver" (1989). The remastered CDs contain audio recordings from the band's 1990 concert in East Berlin, which was previously released as the official "The End of the Beginning" video.

A short video clip of SABBAT being interviewed and rehearsing for their recent U.K. tour as the support act for CRADLE OF FILTH has been posted online at YouTube.com. A Quicktime version can be found at this location.

The SABBAT reunion came about "due to many a conversation with Dani [Filth, CRADLE frontman] and Paul [Allender, COF guitarist] whilst mixing the [new] CRADLE album," SABBAT guitarist-turned-producer Andy "Undie" Sneap told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. "It was put to us that they'd love to see it happen (Dani still has his stolen copy of 'Dreamweaver' [1989] on cassette), and the more we've talked about it, it just seemed like opening for CRADLE on these shows would be a great way of getting the five of us together again for a bit of fun. It's not a long-term thing, [and we don't have] any delusions about the future — [it's] just a chance to play some of the old songs and have a blast."

SABBAT reunion lineup (same as that on "Dreamweaver"):

Martin Walkyier - Vocals
Andy Sneap - Guitar
Simon Jones - Guitar
Fraser Craske - Bass
Simon Negus - Drums

bought an original dreamweaver for $30. i hate re-releases with live or demo tracks. puketastic

my HoaTtC is the sanctuary re-release with no bonus poop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PRnLJv09sU

Professional footage from last Saturday live at Bloodstock. It seems there is a DVD in the making.

I always really liked Sabbat, but seeing them live twice in the last month has made me totally obsessed with them. They absolutely SLAY live, probably the best band of both Wacken and Bloodstock for me. I'm curious as to how much longer they will be playing live for, I definitely want to catch them again.

I was really close to going to bloodstock, but then I realized Sabbat was the only good band, so I didn't.

You still going to the Pagan Altar show?

EDIT: I love that fucking that song. One of the first times The Great Deceiver heard Sabbat, we were rocking out to this while driving in his car.

I was really close to going to bloodstock, but then I realized Sabbat was the only good band, so I didn't.

You still going to the Pagan Altar show?

EDIT: I love that fucking that song. One of the first times The Great Deceiver heard Sabbat, we were rocking out to this while driving in his car.

I actually thought about getting in touch and telling you about Bloodstock but I figured the line-up wouldn't be to your taste. I had a fucking great time though. And yes, Hosanna in Excelsis is a absolutely killer track.

I'm still planning on going to the Warning/Pagan Altar gig, it all depends on money! Do you know about http://www.damnationfestival.co.uk/ by the way? I'm planning on going to that, although it's the day after the gig :erk:

FUCK! Enslaved is on the same day is that in London, so I'll probably stay here for that.

I'd choose Pagan Altar/Warning over any two bands for that gig for sure.

I assume you don't live in London.... Where do you plan on staying while here?

I assume you don't live in London.... Where do you plan on staying while here?

No fucking idea! Do you have space on your floor?!

No, I don't live in London unfortunately, about 100 miles away. I could get down to London cheap enough on the bus, then get up REALLY early on Saturday and get another bus up to Leeds for Damnation Fest...I don't know, I'll have to work it out, but I'd love to go to both events. Money is an issue for me though as I'm starting a Masters in October :erk:

Is Rich taking pre-orders for the tickets? I might just get my ticket, book my journey, and worry about how it's all going to come together later!

Well, Demilich may be sleeping on my floor, and he's one tall fucker. Looking at my floor now though, and I think you could fit.

You could also stay for Enslaved the next day here :loco:

Yeah, he's taking pre-orders through but not through pay pal for the UK folks.