marty friedman and michael romeo...

thanks for answering...same here too...love marty, i love his exotics / japanese style playing.... :worship:

hey man, i heard your band (stormrider) did a cover of megadeth's hangar 18 or holy wars? you know where i can listen to that clip?

Although Romeo is technically a very great guitarist I just think there's too much Yngwie in his sound and playing style.
Marty is much more original, Intruduction is just an awesome album!

mleijzer said:
Although Romeo is technically a very great guitarist I just think there's too much Yngwie in his sound and playing style.
Marty is much more original, Intruduction is just an awesome album!

People who say this really need to hear more of him. Mike is heavily reliant on tapped seventh arpeggios, which give him a very recognizeable style, very different from Yngwie.

Listen to both solos in "Communion and the Oracle" (to me, the essence of Romeo's style, and his best lead work), and tell me he sounds even remotely similar to Yngwie.

I don't think there is too much similarity between Romeo and Malmsteen other than their affiliation to the neo-classical genre. Romeo is a lot more consistent and precise, whereas Malmsteen can either play boring crap, or complete and utter pure brilliance. It's very hit or miss with him, IMO.

However, I'll always go with the emotional apsect in guitar playing and that's why I would choose Marty Friedman any day of the week. Neither Romeo or Malmsteen could ever do the equivalent of "Scenes", for example.

Geez, reminds me of how perfect Friedman and Mustaine were for each other on Rust in Peace. It was essentially Love vs. Hate. Just brilliant - interestingly enough, I think some of their best work together was on "Go To Hell", but I digress... :)