Maryland Death Fest

I will be attending for 2nd year in a row. I have enjoyed listening to vehemence and having known john, nathan, and bjorn for a couple of years. I will say though that they probably wouldn't fit on this fest.

I talk to the 2 guys who put on that fest and their goal is to get alot of bands, mostly from overseas, that you can't see touring often especially in the US. Plus, it is a predominantly grind, brutal death, and gore type festival.

http://www.marylanddeathfest.com The #1 festival in the US bar none!!!:headbang: :hotjump: :Spin:

tattooedsean666 said:
I have enjoyed listening to vehemence and having known john, nathan, and bjorn for a couple of years. I will say though that they probably wouldn't fit on this fest.
I kinda disagree with you on that sean. I think Vehemence would fit in great at this fest. I almost think the Maryland Fest is too limited with the types of bands they bring in. I think they could expand a bit and still maintain the overall brutality of the Fest. Of course that is not going to stop me from going again next year:headbang:

i read that this fest is so good every year. unlike sum other fests where so many people just bitch about it the whole time. yeah vehemence is more melodic than all those bands but they still kick there asses.

kupshi said:
I kinda disagree with you on that sean. I think Vehemence would fit in great at this fest. I almost think the Maryland Fest is too limited with the types of bands they bring in. I think they could expand a bit and still maintain the overall brutality of the Fest. Of course that is not going to stop me from going again next year:headbang:
I am glad to hear John got favorable response from evan and company but I am just going on fan response. I like Arsis but if you noticed, a majority of people stopped paying attention during their set.

Hey, I personally don't think it leans too much in one direction. Like Obscene extreme fest which was started by curby as a birthday gift to himself, this fest was these two guys way of getting bands that they liked, who for the most part can't get over to the US. It is like telling glenn, of Progpower, to bring in bands of slightly different genres or bands that have had opportunity to be seen by people on tours.

With all that said, I would dig seeing all of the Vehemence guys at yet another fest that I attend especially this one as it is by far one of the best US fests especially for brutality.

I can't wait till they name the other 14 bands as I know some of the ones they have in mind. It is killing me they haven't had luck in getting some of the crazy czech bands that they love so much.

payphonesandpills said:
i read that this fest is so good every year. unlike sum other fests where so many people just bitch about it the whole time. yeah vehemence is more melodic than all those bands but they still kick there asses.

This fest kicked major ass last year and why no one complains is because, the people who go know what they are getting and that isn't crappy metalcore acts, or bands that you can see coming thru your town every 3rd month. I won't get into an argument of who is better or who would kick any asses but I will say that the lineup they have so far for this year will destroy anything hitting the US this year.

tattooedsean666 said:
This fest kicked major ass last year and why no one complains is because, the people who go know what they are getting and that isn't crappy metalcore acts, or bands that you can see coming thru your town every 3rd month. I won't get into an argument of who is better or who would kick any asses but I will say that the lineup they have so far for this year will destroy anything hitting the US this year.

thats awesome. once i grad from hs(1 more to go if i dont fail) o a, gonna be goin ot shit like this all the itme. i am gonna get out of texas and go somewhere where thye got stuff like this.

Elitist Jackass said:
I'm gonna be trying to go to this.

If you do consider, check out the website as they have hotel type info. I stayed at the sleep inn last year which I will probably do so again. The motel 6 is where the parties were and it is slightly cheaper.

Being that this will probably be last Maryland fest and it definitely is looking awesome yet again, I would try making it. I still can't believe some people would rather see the New England metal and hc fest over this.
:Smug:

Personally I think the fests are cool cause I like seeing all the different types of people from different states and cities come together, the Murder Fest I say was a good show for us, but it was just a "show" not playing in front of 2000 people, Milwuakee Metalfest seems to be the best fest in the U.S.A I wouldnt want our band to fly or do a one off for one of these fests though.

It is not worth our time or money, unless we were getting paid enough to profit personaly and band wise from. I suggest the same shit to other bands, shouldnt have to pay to play or get paid in food for these things.

Fests are nothing but tour stops for us, and most of the scheduals are far behind, and the drums they provide for the fest are absolute crap, best to use your own, no exceptions. Alot of bands dont know how to take their equiptment off stage fast enough for these things which make things run far behind. aight theres my rant.

Greetings. The following bands are now scheduled to appear at MDF 2005.
GRONIBARD - FRANCE
WORMED - SPAIN
DESPISED ICON - CANADA
AMOEBIC DYSENTERY - GEORGIA

Also appearing thus far:
IMMOLATION - NEW YORK
CRYPTOPSY - CANADA
GENERAL SURGERY - SWEDEN
REGURGITATE - SWEDEN
BIRDFLESH - SWEDEN
ABSCESS - CALIFORNIA
ROTTEN SOUND - FINLAND
ABORTED - BELGIUM
LENG TCH'E - BELGIUM
CEPHALIC CARNAGE - COLORADO
BODIES LAY BROKEN - MINNESOTA
SPLATTERHOUSE - OREGON
KILL THE CLIENT - TEXAS
XXX MANIAK - PENNSYLVANIA

10 more bands still TBA.
The web site will be updated with this information later this evening.

MDF III
May 28 + 29, 2005 - Thunderdome - Baltimore, MD.
http://www.marylanddeathfest.com

I'm gonna try and fly outta Albuquerque for that fest. I <3 Abscess.

And other Reifert related bands.

And CRYPTOPSY.