Masse was cool!

Firefest9

Hypocrisy rules!!!!!
Jan 18, 2002
Las Cruces, NM
Visit site
Hey folks,
Just want to know what you thought of Masse when he was in Hypocrisy. I was just watching Live & Clips last night and thought that Masse was pretty instrumental in the early development of the band. The Pleasure of Molestation video rocks! I like his stage presence, especially when he looks all calm, then grabs the mic real fast and gives a nice death growl!!!!

What are your thoughts on Masse?

:ill: He was okay sometimes, but sometimes it was the way too typical/bland death metal voice. Peters vocals are 100 times better.

If I would heard Hypocrisy 10 years ago I would probably really like his vocals, but now they are a bit bland. Not bad, just nothing special.

Listened to penetralia today and i forgot how childish some of masse's vocals seemed :p

TearsOfMetal said:
He is the only one to sing Pleasure of molestation...

yes folks, dont get me wrong, peter is WAY better than masse ever was, but I just thought that for their earlier more "brutal" stuff, masse fit the bill pretty well.

have any of you herd Dominion caligula? his vocals there are pretty good. I dont like dark funeral much...

Firefest9 said:
yes folks, dont get me wrong, peter is WAY better than masse ever was, but I just thought that for their earlier more "brutal" stuff, masse fit the bill pretty well.

I totally agree. For the time period I LOVED Masse's voice because it was SOOO guttural. I had never heard such a beautiful death metal voice at the time. I totally prefer Peter's singing now, though.