Massive bass distortion comparison, can YOU help?

+100 on all of this!

Please make this happen. Unfortunately I don't have any good bass gear yet to help the situation but I'm in the market for some things and this would be a perfect way for me to make a good decision. You would all be heroes!

Don't worry guys I haven't forgotten, just having quite a busy week! I'm consolidating all the offers of gear we've had into a list in the first post.

I'm hoping we can get the ball rolling on this next week, in the meantime if anyone else can offer some gear that they can run stuff through (would love it if someone has a Proco RAT they could run it through!) then please make your voices heard!

Can I leave it to you guys to decide on a song to play? Something played with a pick that's relatively easy to play.

I have a Sansamp Bass Driver DI, haven't seen it mentioned yet, thought I think you Trevor got it covered with the 3ch version?

I also have a bass I like pretty much, seems people digged it on the Lasse/Mago DI pack as well. It's a Yamaha TRB 5.
Going to record 2 songs with it pretty soon, so if I know early enough it will have brand new strings on it for the test.

Maybe also worth to mention to set a way of how to dial in the bass itself?
Or just so that everyone think it sounds best? All tone stuff at noon and same vol for both PU's or.....

Oh and for the song I think something reaaaaaally basic would be best...with lots of action of the left hand (hammerons, pull offs, slides and stuff) the player alters the sound even more than you allready do with how one picks ;)

I have a Sansamp Bass Driver DI, haven't seen it mentioned yet, thought I think you Trevor got it covered with the 3ch version?

I also have a bass I like pretty much, seems people digged it on the Lasse/Mago DI pack as well. It's a Yamaha TRB 5.
Going to record 2 songs with it pretty soon, so if I know early enough it will have brand new strings on it for the test.

Maybe also worth to mention to set a way of how to dial in the bass itself?
Or just so that everyone think it sounds best? All tone stuff at noon and same vol for both PU's or.....

To be honest using your BDDI might be easier as the guy who I'd be borrowing the 3ch from is working Edinburgh Festival at the moment and I'm not sure when he'll be back.

Yamaha TRB is an awesome bass! Get that in on the action!

I think for basses we're best to leave eq controls flat and both pickups on full volume. We could get into a clip for each pickup and a blend but I think we'll start getting into unmanageable amounts of files!

I think we should decide on the riffs now ;)
And I probably gonna need tabs for it because I suck soooo hard at learning stuff by listening,
you won't believe, I could do it, but than we would have to wait until next year to start it ;)

Really cool idea, I'd love to help out but I don't really have much.

Bass:
Warwick Streamer Standard 5 all stock
and an

AxeFX II -> was thinking that I could run DIs through some of the drive models, like the Rat models or something.

Hey folks, sorry this has been a bit delayed, had several job interviews, a failed MOT for my car, and I've just spent 65 hours recording in the studio in the last 5 days!
Put new strings on my P Bass the other week for the Maiden cover, I'll try and get a riff recorded this week and get the ball rolling!

I have a maxon od808, but i'm sure everyone else does too. More importantly, i have a sansamp VT bass. If there's any interest in that I'll do it.

My bass player has a stingray I can use. I actually have a track in the"rate my mix section" where I used it with the raw tracks posted as well. It was flat eq on the Bass through a sansamp unprocessed out , played with a pick with medium intensity (playing hard really gets that thing clacking almost too much) and it is a really easy song