Master when Bonus Video is included

Brett - K A L I S I A

Dreaded Moderator
Feb 26, 2004
France
www.towerstudio.net
Hey everybody,

Here is the deal : I have to burn a master for a band for them to send to the factory, but there is also a multimedia file to be included on the final product (a video clip). So how to do it ? Should I include it myself or will they send the audio master and the video clip on different cds ?

Thanks in advance.

If it's for pressing i'm guessing they want the CD exactly like it should end up, i.e with the multimedia part included. You can burn it in Blue Book standard or Enhanced Audio CD as it's called, that's audio and multimedia on the same disc.

Test the cd on multiple cd-rom drives first. I've noticed alot of bad cds on the market that should have data included also, but that data part is missing. This happened to Meshuggah for example (happens to big labels also, so might be a reason to study on the subject a little bit) on Rare trax CD, there should be 3 bonus videos, but they are missing.

don't know if this helps or not... don't use Nero or any other cheap burning program. So far, it cost me $65 to get the CD to them, then it turns out the masters are bad. One name that was thrown around was Toast. Not sure of the accuracy of the program's name... but give it a go.

dead6skin6mask6 said:
don't know if this helps or not... don't use Nero or any other cheap burning program. So far, it cost me $65 to get the CD to them, then it turns out the masters are bad. One name that was thrown around was Toast. Not sure of the accuracy of the program's name... but give it a go.

Toast is a mac program made by roxio, got it installed on my powerbook. Dont know how good it is for burning masters tho?

Toast is ok for masters, I've used it quite alot with Jam, Roxio's CD compiling program. Not got the latest version, but apparently you can make enhanced CD's with that.