Mastodon style metal

lepersmeesa

Badman rudeboy
Apr 10, 2005
London
www.myspace.com
Me and a friend of mine are doing a side project with the theme being Halo 2!!

Basically he is playing his beats on his electric kit, sending me the midi files and me DFH'ing them up. Then recording some guitars. This is a tester song, there are no vocals at the moment, but we will be doing them together very soon. I used my RG 7321 loaded with Nailbombs Pod XT. No bass at the moment hopefully sometime soon Ill lay some down.

If anyone knows either band, the drummer is Ben Dawson from Million Dead and Palehorse.

10 points to anyone who gets the first soundbyte quote.

www.soundclick.com/parkadez

Love to know what people think. This isn't really the style of music I write generally, but I really did enjoy recording it.

Cheers guys for the comments! It is much appreciated. Ill have to try out gearbox.

I just recorded some bass for the track, if you could tell me how you feel everything sits in the mix with the bass would be great!

wow that's pretty cool, i checked out "water temple" and i was like, "what is he talking about? this is nothing like mastodon" Then i checked the other track, i'm pleasantly surprised. Awesome stuff. The mix sounds pretty good here, the snare is a little quiet at parts but, it's pretty solid.

Cheers dude! Im trying to comprimise with the drummer as he prefers rawer sounding bands like Botch, Converge (old) etc. Thanks for the comments though! Others have been complaining about the high mids. I cant see it myself, but if someone could point me in the right direction.

And yeah...the water temple was a little experiment lets say....no my best work.