Mastodon Thoughts?

I, like wdiv, have not been able to get into them. Of course, I hear all of the positive press but when I listen to them, I don't hear anything earth shattering. I haven't heard Crack The Sky all the way through yet, though.

Mastodon - Another of a long list of bands that everyone raves about but I just haven't gotten around to.
I must admit that from what I've heard from Youtube clips hasn't impressed me that much, but I'm willing to dive in and give it a serious listen.

Mastodon - Another of a long list of bands that everyone raves about but I just haven't gotten around to.
I must admit that from what I've heard from Youtube clips hasn't impressed me that much, but I'm willing to dive in and give it a serious listen.

Well get the album then give us your veiw

SHOW LOVE FOR THE MIGHTY MASTODON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay -- listened to CTS twice more today & am still failing to see the brilliance.

Really liked Mastodon's earlier stuff better than Blood Mountain and CTS... I can still appreciate them though (CTS was amazing, for what it was)... I just like the heavier better.

Megalodon, Blood and Thunder, Crusher Destroyer, Trampled Under Hoof are some of my favorite tracks...

I honestly can't understand the hype with this album, or this band in general, tbh. The music is well executed, the songs are nice I guess, but...they just bore the living shit out of me. Kind of like Cynic. People go all gaga over their stuff, and I just don't see it. It's just dull as hell.

Gotta chime in and say that Mastodon is one of my newer fav bands. Altho Blood Mt and CTS don't sound as good to me as the early stuff. Granted I've only heard CTS once. Need to hear it on a good sound system to truly judge. One thing for sure, no one else sounds like Mastodon. :headbang::headbang::headbang: