Mastodon

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
I love this band, and I am very glad they are starting to get a little mainstream media exposure; as I understand they have recorded a video for mtv- and have been put on a mtv headbangers ball cd. Im just amazed that a really talented metal is getting some exposure.

MURAI said:
I did not know they're trying to get more exposure.. They're impressive.

i don't think they were trying...however, the addition of them to the headbangers ball cd does mean a bit more exposure.

Yesss, finally people learn to love Bran! heh He is extremely talented. These days, I only listen to bands with good drummers..I think the drummer makes or breaks the band..

Reactions: speed
I quite like these guys, I think they should just become a Death Metal band though, get rid of the Metalcore label and do some real technical Death Metal.

Only the guys vocals spoil it, the band are obviously talented, talented enough to be up there with Immolation and the like.

I'm surprised that they are getting "mainstream media expose," as they don't have a very mainstream-friendly sound; their sound is too extreme and unusual, so it would be over most people's heads. The only real metal bands that I can see possibly getting somewhat popular with the mainstream are Lamb Of God and Shadows Fall.

Life Sucks said:
I'm surprised that they are getting "mainstream media expose," as they don't have a very mainstream-friendly sound; their sound is too extreme and unusual, so it would be over most people's heads. The only real metal bands that I can see possibly getting somewhat popular with the mainstream are Lamb Of God and Shadows Fall.

I saw The Art of Balance at a Target. A Target, for fuck's sake! A place where the music department carries mainstream music and nothing else. I'm still scared. If As The Palaces Burn ever turns up their, I don't know what I would do.

Life Sucks said:

Very true. I find it hard to believe too..

ffanatic said:
I saw The Art of Balance at a Target. A Target, for fuck's sake! A place where the music department carries mainstream music and nothing else. I'm still scared. If As The Palaces Burn ever turns up their, I don't know what I would do.
That is indeed pretty scary. But after all, Shadows Fall were in the Ozzfest Lineup. They have quite an accessible sound for a metal band, with the clean vocals at all. I also would be horrified if I ever saw As The Palaces Burn at Target; I love Lamb Of God.

Heavy Metal Samurai said:
I quite like these guys, I think they should just become a Death Metal band though, get rid of the Metalcore label and do some real technical Death Metal.

Only the guys vocals spoil it, the band are obviously talented, talented enough to be up there with Immolation and the like.

Why the hell would they want to be another typical "good" death metal band? What they do now is absolutely CRUSHING as is...as far as I'm concerned their importance in the metal genre DOES rank up there with Immolation and the like..

Soilent Goat said:
Why the hell would they want to be another typical "good" death metal band? What they do now is absolutely CRUSHING as is...as far as I'm concerned their importance in the metal genre DOES rank up there with Immolation and the like..

Mastadon as important as Immolation...

Do you not know who Immolation are, what they do, or anything about them?

I must conclude that you don't.

Immolation are legends of Death Metal, one of the original Technical Death Metal bands and also far more talented than Mastadon. If Mastadon and Immolation have the same importance to you then that's nice, but I don't think many "Real" metal fans would agree with you, I certainly don't.

I'd take "Real" good death metal over good Metalcore any day, but I am a Metal fan.

Mastodon may not "rank up their with Immolation and the like" as of yet, but give them time. After all, Immolation has released 5 full-lengths and their demo material. Mastodon has released 1 EP and 1 full length. In no time, bands trying to carbon copy Mastodon's sound will pop up out of the woodwork.

And Mastodon's drummer absolutely owns Immolation's drummer.

I'd take "Real" good death metal over good Metalcore any day, but I am a Metal fan.
That's nice. Too bad Mastodon isn't metalcore.

AHAHAHAHA!!! :tickled: :loco:

Why the shit should Mastodon change their sound??? :erk: hey, maybe Immolation should turn into a Power Metal band! :p