Mathias Nygård - "The Songs that changed my life"

Most metal artists have 'guilty pleasures' e.g.

Kerry King (Slayer) loves Heart
Vinnie Paul (Pantera/Hellyeah) loves Seal
Mike Patton (Faith No More/Tomahawk) loves The Carpenters
Till Lindeman & Christian "Flake" Lorenz (Rammstein) both love Coldplay.

Kelly Clarkson and Kylie Minogue are also popular choices, in addition to alot of 'hair metal'/'cock rock' bands - Bon Jovi, Ratt, Poison, Skid Row, W.A.S.P. et. all.

I for one love (and have actually seen live) The Magic Numbers, Franz Ferdinand, Kelly Clarkson, Kate Melua and Pink...amongst others. Anyone who says they listein to one and only one genre are blatantly lying.

I don't think anyone was claiming to listen to on genre to be fair, :p.
I do feel compelled to say this though:
Why of why does everyone who joins this forum lately feel the need to bring this thread back. Its almost as bad as 'Who is your fav turisas member'.
Lol, damn it this isnt teenmag.org/forum/inanerambelingsofretardedsurvivedabortions.
Blah, lol.

Damn you 'Rogue Entity', damn you to the LORDI forums, :O.
Heh, :p.

-e

I don't think anyone was claiming to listen to on genre to be fair, :p.
I do feel compelled to say this though:
Why of why does everyone who joins this forum lately feel the need to bring this thread back. Its almost as bad as 'Who is your fav turisas member'.
Lol, damn it this isnt teenmag.org/forum/inanerambelingsofretardedsurvivedabortions.
Blah, lol.

Damn you 'Rogue Entity', damn you to the LORDI forums, :O.
Heh, :p.

-e

Oh well I guess I missed the thread regarding what posts you can reply to and which ones you can't.

>.>. Notice how that was in good humour.
Its not a 'don't ever do that again' its just a bit of a tacky thread. there are far more interesting ones to bring back, but everyone brings back these for some weird reason...

-e

Now the only thing that left is Aguilera to choose "The Varangian Way" for best album 2007 and everything is done !! :kickass: Metal Tolerance :lol::lol: :loco:

"I think people should just keep an open mind in music in general and not be like, well I’m a metalhead so I listen to metal and whatever is allowed. I like metal; I like extreme metal but, on the other hand, I like really soft stuff as well - pop and…you know, there’s something good in all music."

I can't word it any better than Mathias already has.

I have to say that even I, with my very wide taste of music (eg. Willie Nelson, Emperor, Cypress Hill & Blur) I found it hard to accept that Aguilera's Back To Basics is quite an extraordinary album.

I wrote a review of it back then. When the editor-in-chief offered me the album, I tried to pass it to someone else with no luck. But actually I was very delighted that things turned out like this. The album widened my taste even more. While the genres she's exploring on the album aren't really my cup of tea, I have to say that her modern(ish) interpretations are among the best takes on these genres for some time (well, of the ones I've heard).

The amount of alcohol I would require to like Christina's music is greater than the amount she would require to make out with "Go Forth and Die" :lol:

Is there a bigger joke in the world of hardrock/metal than Tarja herself!?

the woman went to Download festival and did a signing... she wasn't even playing the festival!!!

But back to the original debate... can't say I like either christina or shakira... but Christina is good to pole dance to...

Tbh, i have yet to meet them, had about 3 ops to do so, but each time i did something stupid which stopped me from doing so.
They do seem nice enough though, and many people i know who have met them just confirm this fact. Which is cool since so many bands are utterly up their own ass and i have a tendancy to tell people this, reguardless to who they are.

-e
ps. i dont dislike all people, just certain types of people/artists/inanimate objects resembling types of people and/or artists i dont like. ha.

they are indeed all lovely boys... although I may avoid Olli on the DF tour for fear he's going to shout at me for constantly going off topic :p

Is that including her appearance (& slating) @ the MH awards?!

POODLE

Shakira's dancing ftw
But Xtina does have an awesome voice...as does Shakira...oh fuck whatever lol:loco:

aye, i still can't believe we didn't have "and best international band is.... Nightwish... YOU BASTARDS!" haha

but then we wouldn't have had "Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnn Flames"