Matrix Bochum, 29.12.2006

sj

Brainiac :)
May 16, 2003
Bonn
Hi,

i just returned from the matrix in bochum (was a 110km ride for me).

First of all: IT WAS A LATE CHRISTMAS PRESENT!

Really :)

I never felt that lucky with a setlist.

Except for one song (edit: it was Face down) they went down the songs of the poll list with the most votes. I was soooo damn fuc*ing lucky to hear Don´t Stop believing, Weakness sows its seed and Holy war live at ONE gig!

I was really sad the first songs, because the sound in "the tube" which is the name of the cellar in "matrix", is quite poor. Really not good i think. And these idiots who couldnt spent some minutes without beer and always pushed me away to get a way through the crowd. But that was my mistake, i chose that place to stand :erk:

If you forget about the mentioned idiots and the poor sound it was really one of the best gigs because the crowd was also quite impressed and wanted to party with the band.

Something that made me a little bit sad too is that i have the feeling Andy forgets parts of the Lyrics, sometimes it was confusing for me because i expected some other words :confused:

nonetheless i´m quite happy after i hearing my favourite 3 songs live!
And the fact that there was so much people of the crowd impressed by Weakness sows its seed (too sad that not that much with Don´t stop believing) should show you guys that this song is really underrated and played live toooooo few! (actually it was the first time ever, wasn´t it?)

Setlist 100/100 points :headbang:

Thanks to the band and the crowd who made this one gig a late christmas present!

i think i regret i was 15m behind the stage and not in the first few rows :erk:

greetings to all (except those thirsty people that really pissed me off a bit :mad: :D)

regards
sebastian

Thanks for the report Sebastian! I'm so sorry I missed this... so they did also play Beyond My Destiny? I think that has always been one of the most requested songs from Ambiguity, but as far as I can remember they never played it live. And I can imagine your irritations with the tube, constructionwise it's a shitty narrow venue :(

so they did also play Beyond My Destiny? I think that has always been one of the most requested songs from Ambiguity, but as far as I can remember they never played it live.

Yeah they played that :)

didn´t they play it one time on the liquid monster tour earlier this year? I think they did (but i also missed it then).

And I can imagine your irritations with the tube, constructionwise it's a shitty narrow venue :(

Its really no cool place. A 40m long "tunnel" which is 10 or 12m in width. Poor sound, not much place to stand.

I liked the Club in Frankenthal which was kind of square (~30m*30m) much more place to stand at the side (for those who doesn´t want to be active in the front :)) and actually the ones in the back also see whats happening on stage.

Must be really a great band (or some more) that will make me go there a second time.

regards
sebastian

Hi,

just comming back from my holidays, so there was no chance to comment before.

I have been there as well this evening - had to drive even 180 Km one way ...but it was WORTH doing it. Fantastic evening. For me it was the first BRAINSTORM concert and I am looking forward to see them again.

I aree to sebastians statements ... one more comment: Delirious did not fit really as a support band. The was a real break... nevertheless Brainstorm was really great. THANK YOU.

All the best for 2007.
Uwe

Hi Uwe, glad you finally got to see BS!
How come you didn't think Delirious fitted? I LOVE them!!!! I think their bay area style fits well to BS, but I don't know how the other bands were..

Hi Marlies,

mmmh, in addition to the above mentioned poor sound, I don't really like trash. What I have hered that was just very noisy. Well I am not that young anymore ;-)

I have noticed the quite some metal heads felt the same... so the went out for a while. I did not knew Delirous beforehand, and I don't think that they have gaind me - sorry Marlies ...

UNREST was some more old fashioned melodic Metal...

My next visite to Bochum will be EUROPE, 7. Feb and KAMELOT in Zeche on April. Or SAXON (March) or HAMMERFALL (January) in Oberhausen??

May be we see us there???

Kind regards,
Uwe

Nice to read some others were also there.
I didn´t like Dilirious too, not my taste of music. Unrest was really ok and fitted my general taste very well. But this Orden Ogan (or however the first band was called) guys were also not that cool... the "f*ck you pussy" shouting was ridiculous somehow...

I was at the bar (right before the stairs into the tube) all the evening until dilirious finished their show.