Matt, allow me to express my thanks. You are what every musician should be.

Thorns of Iniquity

New Metal Member
Jan 11, 2005
Southern California/America's Anus
Matt, wow. First, allow me to appologize as I'm sure you get tons of emails as well as board topics about this but sooner or later, you'll be all growed up and big bad metal star, so I fear not having something I need to say read. Here goes...

I was talking to a power metal loving friend of mine the other day pimping all my favorite black metal bands and denouncing any power metal while he was doing the same thing to me vice versa. Now I don't hate power metal, it just doesn't appeal to me quite as much as other metal sub-genres do but every once in awhile I'll come accross a gem. Symphony X, Children of Bodom, Iced Earth, Blind Gaurdian, all awsome power metal. Anywho, he told me about this band, Theocracy, a power metal band that isntead of having lyrics about fantasy and gay stuff like that, it had christian lyics. Being a christian, I was fully interested, not even giving a rip that it happened to be power metal.

Now Mr. Smith, you'll have to forgive me but I did something naughty. I went on a file sharing network and downloaded your s/t. BUT! allow me to redeem myself. I loved it so much that I ordered it straight from metalages. It arrived today :). This album is absolutley beautiful. I can totally see Jesus up there headbanging to this. So sweet. Also, if I may be a tad serious, the lyrics are incredible. The conviction of Theocracy about taking up and bearing the cross as our Lord did, and the way you expressed Jesus' suffering in The Healing Hand are just incredible

The lyric

Israel lifting up her King
Not in praise, but suffering

really made me stop and think

Thank you Matt Smith, you are the essence and epitome of what every musician should aspire to be. I myself am doing a musical project, and you along with David Gold (Woods of Ypres) are two very very important people I look up to in that, because of your immense dilligence and dedication.

To the two new members of Theocracy, bless you guys for taking some of the workload off Matt's shoulders and helping him with the band. I'm sure the three of you will put out an incredible album and I more than look forward to it, you can bet I will buy it immediatly rather than downloading it first (again, my sincere appologies).

Matt, Seth, and Shawn, keep on rocking. God bless you guys. I greatly look forward to the future.

PS: Matt, I've read interviews where you admitted you sucked at soloing, well they may not be the most technical godly solos in the world, but that doesn't matter. They were very catchy, fitting, and did their jobs perfectly, I rather enjoyed them, the guitar work on the album is very impressive.

PPS: You deserve this more than anyone ever has: :headbang:

Thorns of Iniquity said:
Now Mr. Smith, you'll have to forgive me but I did something naughty. I went on a file sharing network and downloaded your s/t. BUT! allow me to redeem myself. I loved it so much that I ordered it straight from metalages.

In my opinion, that's how these file sharing networks should work. If you like it, go ahead and support the artist by buying it. If you think all the songs are junk, there's no reason to waste your money on it. I think that the reason they caught on as much as they did, is that people got tired of paying $15 for a CD with 1 or 2 good songs on it. Anyhow, I'm glad you enjoyed it, though. If everything works out as it looks like it is, the next album will be KILLER. Every song should be "single" quality and should blow you away. I'm excited about it... :headbang:

yeah thorns i´m with you!
and i agree with you sethist! the people who really like it will buy the cd!
cause know that the artist need the money to continue his work!
i find theocracy mp3´s in one program of file sharing here! or i would never listen theocracy... now i´m showing to my friends here! and soon as possible i will buy the cd :) cause i love it!

Wow, you guys, it means so much to just have what i said actually read by you. Two members of my favorite modern metal band..wow. Anyways, you guys owe me no thanks whatsoever, all of that goes straight to you and the big guy upstairs.

Though I do have one small itsy bitsy little tiny favor to ask of you. Please, PLEASE, as soon as you're finished recording the next album (I realize thats a ways off, theres no hurry), get down here and PLAY!!! Here in America's rectum *ahem* southern california, we have a huge hardcore and emo scene (boo!) which is about driven me to suicide. I needs teh METHUL!!!!!

But seriously, I'm praying that sometime within the following few years you get a chance to come play down here, it would mean alot to us theocracy fans in So Cal.