Mattias and J-Mac clinics

booB

Señor Member
Mar 25, 2003
Cleveland, OH USA
I haven't seen too much discussion about these on the board yet. I attended both of these, and, even though I am not a musician, I'm very glad I went. Both of them were thoroughly entertaining as well as educational... I had a good time, and, surprisingly, I actually understood everything that both guys were talking about. Also, John's stories, and Mattias's swedishness, were a lot of fun to listen to.

If I ever pick up guitar playing, it's likely going to be because of Mattias Eklund... or in Japan, "Mat-Yas Eklund-ah".

Indeed, both clinics were fantastic. Two amazing players. Two amazing comedians. A highlight for me was Macaluso doing T34. I had never even heard it before, and it was just killer. Hope those guys show up every year!

What a great reminder/example of how Glenn goes "above and beyond" to give those little perks to the GB holders. A real treat, to say the least.

As a non-musician I thought the clinics were great and were fun to watch. For guitarists or drummers this must have been really something special! I certainly wouldn't mind if this sort of thing became a regular PPUSA occurrance. :headbang:

Even though I'm not a pro musician either and hardly ever have time to pick up my guitar. I'm glad I went to the clinics and was able to learn a few things. I'm going to try and pick up my guitar this weekend and try - what the hell did he call it?- the worlds worst sounding chord?

-Metal

Do the harmonics... those are awesome. I've seen it done with accoustic guitars, but it's so much more spectacular with distortion. :)

I caught J Macs clinic and he is the MAN
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

talked to him for a while down in the vendor area too - super nice and a class act all the way

come and hang out next year, bro!
:heh:
:kickass:

Do the harmonics... those are awesome. I've seen it done with accoustic guitars, but it's so much more spectacular with distortion. :)

Lol. I worked on those harmonics for a bit today but couldn't get it to do it quite how he does.. that really squealy sound..

I loved the clinics, I'm very happy I made it to both of them! They are definitely highlights of the weekend for me! Being right up front for the IA Freak Guitar Clinic was quite terrific. It's cool that it was open only to Gold Badge holders and a few other winners, it's a GREAT perk!

Glenn, is it too early to tell if there will be more clinics in the future?

A Guitar Hero Conversation

Yngwie: EEE-AHHH <starts to unbutton his shirt>
IA: IIIINGVAAAAY <walks off>

classic.