Maudlin of the Well dissing Opeth

xxChaoticManifestoxx said:
I haven't listened to MoTW. But I don't really give a shit about what he said. Opeth can't please everyone can they. I fucking love Opeth, and for the guy from MoTW I wouldn't mind trying out some of their stuff. And if I don't like it, then they can't have a cry about it. And if I like it, good for me. I might even buy one record of theirs.
Well said.

Iblys said:
Hey, read the interview on the front page of UM.

Heh..... it's Maudlin of the Well, so I don't really have much to say... Maudlin..... dissing Opeth...... *smirk*

Wow, that's pretty ballsy of them. I like Maudlin a lot, but they should still be worshipping Opeth. Insolent pups!

:):):):)OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!! SOMEONE IS DISSING MY FAVOURITE BAND!!! LET'S BEGIN A 7 PAGE THREAD, TAKING THE PISS OUT OF A MUSICIAN MOST OF US DON'T EVEN KNOW!!! :):):):)

To be honest, this thread has been very useful to me, and now a am a big fan of Maudlin of the Well.

What, do you know Mikael Akerfeldt personally or something? The criticisms getting thrown around were about his actual credibility to be saying what he did, as about half of us here despise MoTW's music. The way his statement was structured, was almost implying that his band is somehow 'greater' because he feels that their music isn't cut and pasted.

That's not the bad part though. What I personally got peeved at is when he made sarcastic remarks at the expense of the general population of Opeth fans.

Quite honestly, does anyone here really think Mike would care that some other band made some remark about his music in an interview? He'd most likely laugh at it, shrug his shoulders, and get back to his business. People say things all the time, and it's the fans that have a bigger reaction then the bands themselves. I guess after being in a band for a long time, you grow thick skin, and learn to not take what others say personally. Not everyone is going to like your music. If that were the case, music would get pretty stale.

As for cutting and pasting music in pro tools, shit, Metallicas done that since the black album, and that CD sold 13 million. Fans don't care how the music was made, as long as it reaches them somehow. Both bands are brilliant, both bands are different, and even if both bands hated each other, it wouldn't change my opinion of either one.

"Can't we all just get along?"

Now go buy OUR CD'S DAMNIT!

Quite honestly, does anyone here really think Mike would care that some other band made some remark about his music in an interview? He'd most likely laugh at it, shrug his shoulders, and get back to his business. People say things all the time, and it's the fans that have a bigger reaction then the bands themselves. I guess after being in a band for a long time, you grow thick skin, and learn to not take what others say personally. Not everyone is going to like your music. If that were the case, music would get pretty stale.

No kidding...Constructive critizism is fine and going to be thrown around any music genre...Not every freakin metal band out there loves eachother...Didnt Mikael say himself once: "If we did what others think to be the best for Opeth, that would be the day Opeth ceased to exist..."
Something to think about...