May 1st Pagan Fest Pearl Room

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
SWEET!!!! Thank God this tour is happening and hitting chicago. It says on Blabbermouth that it is part of Powerfest! I think it is a Thursday night. this is going to be sweet. Finally...Ensiferum, Tyr, Turisas, and Eluveitie!!!!

Damn!!! Don't these bands know that us Accountants have the month end close to deal with at the beginning of each month!!!!!!!!!!

So wait, then Powerfest is now the weekend of May 2nd and 3rd???

Was that always the plan?

I am glad they are playing....but I wonder if they are just sharing the Powerfest name just for longer weekend or if it is actually a part of the fest. It being a thursday will definetly put some people out but then again, this one show could out draw the entire Powerfest weekend if you look at previous years turnouts. should be interesting.

Yeah, this will definitely help Powerfest, esp in terms of out of towners who might have been on the fence.

I assume some sort of official P'Fest announcement is forthcoming soon,no?

I really hope this tour does good, from all the talk on various forums people seem generally exited about it. I think also it is that rare tour where there isnt a weak link on it band wise. You are getting all quality acts instead of the one good band with three crap hanger ons. Hopefully they get some new fans out of this and we get a second one or a third. so many great folk/viking acts out there.

Yep .. it's officially a part of Powerfest. I think now Powerfest has to put together a great Friday & Saturday lineup, or risk getting outdrawn by the Pre-Party.

Britt

Well, that's exactly it.
I think the pre-party will certainly attract more out of towners.
Though, if the remainder of the weekend doesn't live up to the stellar Thursday line-up, it could hurt attendance for Fri and Sat.

Either way, still very cool.

The new TURISAS is great.