May 1st - Starland Ballroom

Prophet178

Apr 25, 2009
New Jersey
Who's ready for Friday? I've been waiting for this show for months, and the day is almost here.

Anyone else going to be attending?

Yessir, I'll be there. Starland is great because they never sell out. I live 10 minutes away, too!

I live in North Jersey and have no ride to Starland, so chances are I won't be going.

However, if I happen to have money and a ride there Friday night, I might stop by and get a ticket at the door. For now, though, I'll only be attending the NYC show.

Has anyone been to Starland recently for a concert? I read on the website that parking is $6... is that legit? The last time I went there was for Candlemass about a year ago and I don't remember what I payed.
Yea it is $6, I was there about 2 weeks ago to see Brendan Small.

I am pondering whether to check the the setlist prior to Sunday in Montreal...I'm dying to know but don't know if I should wait with anticipation...

I am pondering whether to check the the setlist prior to Sunday in Montreal...I'm dying to know but don't know if I should wait with anticipation...

You should wait with anticipation. Trust me. The first time I saw Opeth, I found out what the setlist was going to be beforehand. Big mistake. Everyone around me was so excited when Mikael announced The Moor. I was not.

Luckily this time my show is #2 on the schedule so I won't have to avoid this place for weeks on end. Others will not agree with me, but hopefully you will take the advice of someone who's been here for 5 years and seen Opeth 3 (soon to be 4) times.

Don't check the setlist. Your patience will be rewarded!

You should wait with anticipation. Trust me. The first time I saw Opeth, I found out what the setlist was going to be beforehand. Big mistake. Everyone around me was so excited when Mikael announced The Moor. I was not.

Luckily this time my show is #2 on the schedule so I won't have to avoid this place for weeks on end. Others will not agree with me, but hopefully you will take the advice of someone who's been here for 5 years and seen Opeth 3 (soon to be 4) times.

Don't check the setlist. Your patience will be rewarded!

you have won me over with this post....I shall avoid che king....thank you sir.

I'm going tonight as well. Bringing a couple Opeth noobs as well. Are we expected many surprises in the setlist from what has been recently played in Europe? I remember hearing about The Moor, Harlequin Forest, and Burden possibly, but that was a while ago. God it'd be nice to hear Moonlapse Vertigo, it's been a while since they've played that in the states if I'm not mistaken.

I so wanna know the setlist because now the setlist dependson if I get to go or not. I probably willin the end. My wife is a big Opeth fan too she doesnt like DC. She really wants to see them play FForest Of October but do they even play that any more?

I was there, had to leave early because my girlfriend felt sick

anyway Enslaved played a few songs and put on a good show

Some opeth songs off the top of my head that they played

Heir Apparent
Credence
The night and the silent water
The Leper affinity
godheads lament

a few more I can't think of off the top of my head I'm worn out :guh:

it was a good show, wish I could have stayed through it.

Also Mike said they would be taking a break from touring next year to work on a new album, and he asked if we had Swine flu.